QA Analyst, Brokerage Technology
Company: BGC Partners
Location: New York
Posted on: November 22, 2021
Job Title : Senior QA Analyst/Test Automation Engineer
Introduction to the role : BGC Partners, Inc. is one of the worlds
leading inter-dealer brokers, providing integrated voice and
electronic services to wholesale market participants across the
globe. We are active in the global fixed income, rates, foreign
exchange, equity derivatives, credit derivatives, futures, and
structured product markets, offering a full range of brokerage
services including price discovery, trade execution, straight
through processing, clearing and settlement. The Technology team is
responsible for the development of all Front, Middle and Back
Office software for BGC Partners and associated Brands and the
Quality Assurance team works alongside Business and Development
teams in the delivery of products to its users. The position is for
an experienced Senior QA Analyst/Automation Engineer who will
perform all QA activities across Middle Office applications. The
candidate should have strong system analysis skills and a solid
background in manual testing. Experience of either creating,
implementing or hands on executing automated testing suites is
something that would be beneficial. Day-to-day tasks include
requirements and specification analysis, test planning, test case
execution, defect reporting as well as status reporting. The
candidate will be required to develop manual test cases with a view
to automating them and therefore the role would suit somebody who
has experience of/ willing to get involved at all stages of the
STLC (Software Testing Life Cycle) and not just test automation.
Key Responsibilities :
- Defining and executing manual test packs across internal middle
- Creation, execution, and maintenance of automated regression
packs using internally developed Keyword Driven Framework,
standalone automated scripts or industry standard applications and
- Replicating issues that are raised by Support teams to
understand customer issues and subsequent re-testing of releases,
which include fixes.
- Defect reporting and tracking through to resolution.
- Interfacing with development, support, infrastructure, and
- Functional, regression, performance, and failover testing.
- Project management (QA), Requirements analysis/test planning.
- Minimum 7 years QA/Testing experience gained in a financial
organisation, preferably a global firm.
- A strong understanding of all stages of the SDLC.
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills.
- Defect reporting and tracking experience with tools such as
- Proven ability to lead projects, interact with development and
business teams and take charge in meetings and discussions.
- Ability to adapt to changing business priorities.
- Test automation experience using both 3 rd -party and
internally developed tools and frameworks.
- Portfolio of Development or QA projects that can be
demonstrated or described.
- Confident in process improvement ideas for QA and Development
- Experienced in automating user interfaces using industry
standard testing tools (HP QTP, Selenium etc.)
- Knowledge of Fixed Income products, Trading platforms, Trade
Capture applications Nice to have experience:
- Experience of working in a global/offshore team/model.
- Willingness to work longer hours to meet deadlines when
- Understanding of Middle to Back Office operations including
Settlement, Operations, Clearing, Reg Reporting. My Profile Create
and manage profiles for future opportunities.
Keywords: BGC Partners, New York , QA Analyst, Brokerage Technology, IT / Software / Systems , New York, New York
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!