Project Manager, Information Technology
Company: Heidrick & Struggles
Location: New York
Posted on: January 16, 2022
Heidrick & Struggles is a premier provider of executive search,
leadership assessment and development, organization and team
effectiveness, and culture shaping services globally. In our more
than 60 year history, we have conducted some of the most
high-profile C-suite and board-level searches in the world.
Today, we are working with our clients across 29 countries to help
them accelerate their performance and respond with agility to new
opportunities and challenges in every industry. We continue to
raise the bar in serving our clients as trusted leadership
advisors, and we are also providing an expanded range of
data-driven, tech-enabled tools and platforms across our executive
search and consulting businesses.
Managing top talent isn't just our business. It's our passion, and
we are committed to investing in and developing the careers of our
We look for people with experience from a variety of industries and
diverse educational backgrounds who are passionate about partnering
with innovative and influential organizations and share our
commitment to our purpose - to help our clients change the world,
one leadership team at a time.
If you're ready to start or grow your career with us, learn more
about our available opportunities at our website.
Position Title: Project Manager, Information Technology
Location: Chicago, Illinois
Reports to: Director, Information Technology PMO
This position will be responsible for providing project management
in the Applications, Cloud, Infrastructure & Security areas. This
role will work closely with all IT teams and will have the ability
to manage multiple, concurrent projects in alignment with business
requirements and IT delivery capability & priorities.
Specific responsibilities include:
- End-to-end project management of initiatives including detailed
project planning, resource allocation, project estimation and
- Creates, oversees macro planning and dependencies, risk &
mitigations and validates approaches and content with team
- Ensures that projects are completed to specification, within an
established time frame and budget.
- Ensures up-to-date project status and snapshots upon a
- In dialog with CIO and IT team leaders coordinate IT budgets
with Finance Department.
- Identifies resources needed and assigns individual
- Manages day-to-day operational aspects of a project and
- Ensures project resource allocation and timelines are assessed
and managed across all initiatives and teams (Application
Development, Infrastructure & Security)
- Reviews deliverables prepared by team before passing to
- Effectively applies our methodology and enforces project
- Proactively seeks to keep projects on time, on budget, and
escalate issues if needed.
- Minimizes our exposure and risk on projects.
- Ensures project documents are complete, current, and stored
- Plays a key role with local team ensuring engagement and
coordination with IT Leaders.
- Other duties as assigned.
Qualifications & Experience
- Bachelor's degree required and PMP, Project Management
Certification is preferred.
- Minimum five years' experience in IT project management focused
on Applications, Cloud and Security related projects.
- Experience with agile methodologies such as Scrum and./or
- Ability to manage third party vendors and outsourced
infrastructure & development components
- Ability to synthesize complex, detailed information into key
stakeholder level presentations for discussion and
- Expert level hands-on usage of Smartsheet, Jira, and MS
PowerPoint (as well the remaining MS Office Suite)
- Experience in effectively leading teams remotely
- Previous experience working in a global organization
- Experience managing complex, integrated projects across
multiple departments and with multiple stakeholders.
- Strong preference for experience in managing cloud technology,
application development, IT infrastructure and/or IT Security
projects in a corporate environment.
- Experience in developing project standards &
- Experience in process development & documentation
Personal Attributes & Competencies
- Excellent communication skills; listening, speaking,
- Demonstrates strong business acumen combined with creativity.
Ability to deftly navigate competing priorities.
- Knowledge and experience of the business and its intricacies
and an ability to communicate in business terms.
- Team player, values input and contribution of team
- Ability to identify and analyze complex issues and problems and
quickly recommend and implement appropriate solutions.
- Demonstrates initiative, resourcefulness, innovation, and
- Demonstrates ability to take independent action and proceed
- Excellent attention to detail.
- Flexible. Responds well to last minute changes and requests
Heidrick & Struggles is an equal opportunity employer committed to
hiring qualified protected veterans and individuals with
disabilities. All qualified applicants will be considered for
employment without regard to race, color, religion, creed, age,
sex, national origin, gender identity or expression, sexual
orientation, disability, marital status, veteran or military
status, or citizenship status.
Keywords: Heidrick & Struggles, New York , Project Manager, Information Technology, IT / Software / Systems , New York, New York
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!