Senior Software Engineer
Location: New York
Posted on: January 16, 2022
PetPlate is seeking a highly motivated, strategic, and creative
Senior Software Engineer with full-stack capabilities to help
architect and drive our best-in-class subscription ecommerce
software platform. Your primary focus will be on backend and
scalability, while also collaborating at every layer of the
application stack and are comfortable working with designers,
engineers and product managers to develop the overall user
experience of our products.
You will help lead a team of engineers and designers to support
product initiatives, communicate and present across all levels of
the organization, and work with multiple cross-functional teams.
You will be an advocate for the operational side of the business
and expected to properly convey what is needed from the platform
that we are creating.
testability, reliability and maintainability, with a majority of
time spent on the backend.
* Contribute to all levels of our tech stack, from backend (Ruby on
infrastructure (Heroku, AWS).
* Perform thorough code reviews, troubleshoot complex issues, and
pair programming as needed.
* Debug and help resolve production issues across all levels of the
* Find and address performance issues within different applications
* Evaluate and implement new technologies to solve technical
challenges as they arise.
* Provide technical thought leadership for the team, contributing
to architecture decisions, development best practices, and
* Advocate for good habits including development techniques,
security, balancing tech debt, and efficient tooling.
* Participate in and help lead team stand-ups. Focus on improving
* Help plan, document and develop innovative solutions to complex
* Work with a growing engineering team that requires strict
branching and deployment processes.
* Collaborate with Engineers, Product Managers, and Designers to
address user feedback and create new and meaningful features.
* You have 6+ years of relevant development experience in
* You are experienced with building and deploying Ruby on Rails
* You have experience building GraphQL API services
* You have experience designing and optimizing relational database
* You have experience with caching and performance
* You have experience with cloud-based infrastructure and
technologies, preferably Heroku, AWS or GCP
* You can scale systems, manage infrastructure and ensure system
* You can create simple solutions to solve complex problems
* You are passionate about learning new technologies and sharing
with your team
* You thrive in an agile work environment and are able to break
down large pieces of work to deliver value incrementally
* You are self-motivated, with a passion for taking ownership of
your work and delivering outcomes
* You possess excellent communication skills through writing,
speaking and documentation
* You enjoy collaborating, and are focused on team success over
* You are detail oriented, diligent when thinking through problems
and an enthusiastic problem solver
* You have experience with ecommerce and optionally logistics
Keywords: PetPlate, New York , Senior Software Engineer, IT / Software / Systems , New York, New York
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!