Junior Software Engineer
Company: Global Enterprise Services, LLC
Posted on: May 16, 2022
Job DescriptionJunior Software EngineerEducation and
- Bachelor's degree from an accredited college in a relevant
technical discipline and 1+ year of related experience obtained
through any combination of coursework and internships.
- Software development experience with Python, Java and SQL.
- Experience with distributed version control software such as
Git and Bitbucket.
- Knowledge of and ability to apply principles, theories, and
concepts of Software Engineering.
- Experience developing software on a UNIX command line
- Strong communication skills that enable proactive and effective
collaboration with a virtual team.
- Ability to obtain interim Secret DoD Security clearance prior
to start date.
- Ability to obtain Security+ certification or equivalent DoD
8570 IAT II certification within 60 days of start
- Design, develop, document, test and deploy software written in
- Create Kibana visualizations and dashboards using React to
provide information to users and support staff.
- Develop Kafka system integrations between
Elasticsearch/Logstash and other systems.
- Develop robotic process automation (RPA) bots.
- Assist with the deployment, configuration, testing,
troubleshooting, maintenance, updates/upgrades of Kafka and Elastic
clusters and environments.
- Develop automated tests using Ansible, Selenium, JMeter, Junit
and/or other applicable tools.
- Develop automated CI/CD build/deployment pipelines using
Jenkins, Artifactory, Kubernetes, Docker, Ansible and
- Work with an Agile team, attend daily scrums and demonstrate
working software while collaborating with a geographically
distributed (remote) team.
- Troubleshoot and resolve installation, infrastructure and
- Proactively and independently identify, report, monitor, and
mitigate technical risks.
- Frequently communicate and collaborate with other team members
to ensure successful completion of project
- Must be US CitizenTravel Requirements: This position will
involve less than 10% travelLocation: While this role is primarily
remote one must live within commuting distance to Scott AFB, IL or
Ft. Meade, MD for on-site support
Keywords: Global Enterprise Services, LLC, New York , Junior Software Engineer, IT / Software / Systems , Roseland, New York
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!