Sr. Java React Lead Engineer
Company: Yoh, A Day & Zimmermann Company
Location: New York
Posted on: August 7, 2022
- Report to the Director, Self-Service Application Development
who, in turn, reports to the 2nd Vice President, Customer Service
- Design, develop, and deploy high-volume, high-usage
self-service web portals for Guardian, utilizing React and
- Lead team of contractors and/or employees to deliver software
projects that drive the business value for Guardian.
- Collaborate with Technical Teams, Technical Manager, Project
Manager and subject matter experts from the businesses and work
closely with SMEs to understand, plan and implement.
- Ensure compliance with security, privacy, legal,
infrastructure, and administrative/corporate processes and
- Ensure project success by reviewing project plans, timelines,
estimates, and requirements documents providing feedback.
- Lead code reviews and administer paired programming.
- Lead implementation efforts: infrastructure setup and
integrations with other applications, and/or front end open or
licensed software. Recommends better, faster, or smarter
- Take a leadership and mentoring role when working with less
experienced staff always raising the bar of technical expertise
within the organization.
- Partner with stakeholders, educating, negotiating, and
influencing them on implementation options and risks.
- Provide unique insight in the analysis of customer business
requirements that may cross multiple functional areas and/or
multiple technical platforms and understand the broad strategic
- Contribute to creativity idea generation and may initiate and
lead strategic projects that will add significant value to the
- Contribute to technical strategic planning for Guardian,
proposing new directions and technologies.
- Act independently and as part of a team to translate business
and technical requirements into well-engineered, tested, and
- Jump in and hit the ground running with a positive attitude.You
have the following technical skills
- React 16 and earlier
- Java and J2EE
- Spring / Spring Boot
- RESTful Web Services, Postman, HTTP (POST/GET/PUT), OAuth,
- Amazon Web Services
- iBatis/HibernateYou have
- 10+ years of relevant experience in delivering web
technologies. Must have prior experience leading development of
- BA/BS Degree in Computer Science or related field or
equivalent; advance degree desirable.
- Experience in design and launching complex business/responsive
- Strong knowledge of release/build/configuration management
- Strong understanding of software best-practices as it applies
to web and business application development with hands on
architecture design and development experience required in building
large scale applications.
- Demonstrable understanding of object-oriented
design/development, functional programming, and service-oriented
- Ability to prioritize and manage work, adhering to critical and
aggressive project timelines in a fast-paced environment.
- Extensive experience in Software Development Life Cycle
Management using Kanban, Scrum, or Scaled Agile is required.
- Understanding of complex development issues including security,
accessibility, concurrency and cross-browser/device
- Experience working in a rapid and agile development environment
with frequent deliveries.Location & Vaccination Requirements
- The primary location for this position is remote, with an "at
home" work arrangement.
Keywords: Yoh, A Day & Zimmermann Company, New York , Sr. Java React Lead Engineer, IT / Software / Systems , New York, New York
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!