IT Mainframe Program Manager
Company: Request Technology, LLC
Location: Berkeley Heights
Posted on: August 7, 2022
***We are unable to sponsor for this permanent full-time
role******Position is bonus eligible***Prestigious Fortune 500
Company is currently seeking an IT Mainframe Program Manager.
Candidate directs, plans, and coordinates multiple project
activities to ensure the goals and objectives associated with a
large global mainframe infrastructure organization are accomplished
within prescribed time-frames and funding parameters. Manages all
aspects of assigned projects including managing activities of
various teams. Establishes timelines and ensures project deadlines
are met. Maintains integrity and cost containment of projects.
Provides project management guidance to mainframe organization team
leads to ensure adherence to project management
- Plans, manages, and coordinates multiple projects and ensures
project initiatives and timelines are met.
- Using project standards, develops or implements project
initiation processes by defining project scope, determining action
items, assigning ownership, creating project timetables, and
tracking execution and workflow; prepares, presents, and
distributes project status reports.
- Using project standards, develops interdisciplinary project
teams in coordination with other teams and end-user community to
ensure deployment of new/changed/improved systems; serves as
liaison to project sponsors, project teams, and stakeholders.
- Works with internal and external groups to optimize success of
project deployment; communicates with user departments and project
teams on project activities; confers with project staff and vendors
to provide support and resolve problems.
- Assists the SVP of Global Mainframe Systems in the day-to-day
administration of the mainframe teams. Prepares technical and
non-technical presentations, and performs related duties as
- Examples of projects: Air-Gap for Mainframe(s) to support
physical isolation/segregation of workloads; Deployment and
implementation of Mainframe-based compliance solutions;
Mainframe-based DevOps (global); Zowe and z/OS SMF Automation; z/OS
and ISV new release/maintenance deployments.Qualifications:
- Bachelor's Degree in Computer Science or related field
- Proficient in Microsoft Project, Excel, and Clarity
- Excellent verbal, written and presentation skills
- Prior experience in providing status reports to senior
- Understands moderately complex internal business processes or
Keywords: Request Technology, LLC, New York , IT Mainframe Program Manager, IT / Software / Systems , Berkeley Heights, New York
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!