Senior Technical Marketing Content Writer - Distributed US
Company: Cockroach Labs
Location: New York
Posted on: August 7, 2022
What you build and where it takes you shouldn't be limited by
the capabilities of your database. We created CockroachDB to be the
most highly evolved, cloud-native, distributed SQL database on the
planet. Making scale so simple, you don't even have to think about
it. Making data so resilient, it becomes impossible to destroy.
Making delivery so seamless, your apps run anywhere. Join us on our
mission to build a different breed of database-one born in the
cloud and built from the ground up to help companies of any size
scale fast, survive disaster, and thrive everywhere.About The
RoleWe are looking for a Senior Technical Marketing Content Writer
to be responsible for producing and editing the highest-quality,
engaging, shareable content that represents Cockroach Labs and
CockroachDB. You will create technical white papers, blog posts
(for Cockroach Labs and third-party blogs), and more across
multiple digital channels to attract, engage, and convert visitors,
combining your unmatched storytelling skills with a passion for
technology to generate attention for CockroachDB.This role will
blend your technical knowledge with your journalistic and creative
skills. You will create content to engage users, prospects, and key
influencers in the infrastructure industry. The ideal candidate is
a prolific and talented technical content creator with a portfolio
that showcases strong writing and content creation skills, a record
of hitting deadlines, and a mind for how to create a digital
conversation that will engage target audiences.You Will
- Drive interest by creating technical content, including white
papers, presentations, blog posts.
- Provide thorough reviews to ensure content is error-free and
aligned with brand guidelines.
- Collaborate across functions and silos to meet content
marketing business objectives.
- Distribute content through appropriate channels to achieve
- Optimize content to improve search engine ranking, visitation,
and conversion rates.
- Assist with PR initiatives and product launches.
- Manage and develop editorial calendars and workflows.
- Provide accurate and timely project reporting on content
marketing activities.You Have
- 6+ years of experience in content development, journalism, or
- Experience or formal training in software development or
- Excitement about Cockroach Labs' mission and an interest in
- Ability to work cooperatively with, and gain the respect of,
- Excellent writing skills.
- Ability to evaluate the structure of a piece and revise it to
improve structure, flow, and clarity.
- Passion for writing and storytelling with a strong portfolio of
writing samples - both long and short form.
- Ability to independently manage multiple projects, prioritize
effectively, and meet deadlines.
- Up-to-date knowledge of SEO, SEM, and analytics best
- BS degree or equivalent experience. The ExpectationsIn your
first 30 days, you will immerse yourself in our market and product,
so you can gain proficiency in your communications. You will go
through our current sales onboarding program, as well as Cockroach
University. We believe that it's important for you to take this
first month to observe enablement and training programs currently
in place to become familiar with our company, technology, and
message.During this time, you will build relationships with various
teams at Cockroach Labs, including with engineers, tech leads, and
product managers. You will work closely with engineering , product,
and marketing to further grasp our current product, sales approach,
and customers. As you gain confidence in the message and
technology, you will be called upon to begin developing content
pieces.After 3 months, you will be fully integrated into the team.
While you will continue to deepen your understanding of
CockroachDB, you will be engaged in multiple writing project, and
setting and implementing priorities in coordination with the
Content Director and the rest of the marketing team.The
TeamReporting to Jessica Edwards, Head of Corporate
MarketingJessica has been marketing for technical products and
companies for the greater part of a decade, and worked with
non-profits for years before moving into the tech space. She has a
deep love of storytelling, education, knowledge-sharing, and
community building. After 13 years in NYC, she recently moved to
Portland, OR, and is still getting used to the rain.Our Benefits
- 100% health insurance coverage (for you and your
- Paid parental leave (with baby bucks)
- Flex Fridays
- Flexible time off & flexible hours
- Education reimbursement
- Relocation supportCockroach Labs is proud to be an Equal
Opportunity Employer building a diverse and inclusive workforce. If
you need additional accommodations to feel comfortable during your
interview process, please email us at
Keywords: Cockroach Labs, New York , Senior Technical Marketing Content Writer - Distributed US, IT / Software / Systems , New York, New York
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!