Company: Infinity Consulting Solutions
Location: New York
Posted on: September 25, 2022
Python Developer Contract to Hire - W2 100% Remote - New
BASIC FUNCTION: Reporting to the Director, Application Architecture
, the Sr. Application Systems Developer is responsible for
developing and maintaining the Student Information System and
related applications. The Sr. Developer will be involved with
architecting, designing and developing solutions of the existing
and newly developed cloud-native applications using the Python
Django framework and relevant libraries in AWS environment. In
addition, the Sr. Developer will be responsible for function
analysis, project scope, issue resolution and change plan of
complex, interrelated systems that span diverse platforms like the
Mainframe, OnPrem servers, Cloud-native systems, Linux and Windows,
to fulfill the rapidly evolving business and technology
requirements. The Sr. Developer is responsible for enhancing the
applications as well as supporting ongoing needs, meeting customers
expectations and maintaining Service Level Agreements.
CHARACTERISTIC DUTIES AND ESSENTIAL RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Provides hands on development and architecture experience in
new product development in the form of POC using new technology
stacks, development platforms and application frameworks.
- Support developers in delivering end to end solutions by
analyzing existing environments, gathering requirements, designing
solution design/architecture and implementing systems.
- Must have a solid understanding knowledge of and experience in
all Software Development Lifecycle (SDLC) activities including
requirements, design, development, unit/performance tests, debug,
deployment, operations and maintenance
- Engages with all groups of stakeholders such as customers,
business analysts, developers, tech leads, project managers, UX
specialists and IT leaders on all phases of a client s
- Ensures smooth workflow and data integration process between a
variety of systems including mainframe, on-prem servers, AWS-based
applications, cloud-hosted systems and vendor products.
- Collaborates with team-members to recommend changes to existing
solution designs to fulfill evolving business and technical
- Rapidly prototype, build POC and refine applications based on
user feedback, technology drivers or business needs
- Contributes to and assists in development of test plans and
provides technical support in all phases of testing and QA leading
- All other duties as assigned.
MINIMUM QUALIFICATIONS FOR GRADE:
- Bachelor s degree and/or its equivalent required.
- Minimum 5-7 years related experience. ADDITIONAL
POSITION-SPECIFIC MINIMUM QUALIFICATIONS:
- Strong skills in web application development/management using
Python and relevant tools and technologies
- Solid concept in API-based applications that use REST Framework
and RESTful web services
- Clear understanding of network and application protocols such
as HTTP, HTTPS, TCP/IP, JSON, OpenAPI, Swagger, SFTP, DNS and
- Strong working knowledge of industry standard
authentication/authorization protocols/systems such as OAuth, JWT,
SAML and IAM.
- Solid understanding of relational databases like MySQL, DB
structure and SQL queries
- Good skills in basic shell scripting in a Linux/Unix
- Experience in troubleshooting and debugging frontend and
backend app modules using tools like Chrome/Firefox DevTools
- Experience in using API testing tools like Curl, Postman,
- Practical knowledge in Object Oriented Programming, design
patterns and software development principles
- Hands-on experience with DevOps lifecycle tools such as Git
(code repository), Jira (Requirements gathering), Jenkins (Build),
Confluence (Documentation), ServiceNow (Issue tracking) etc.
- Familiarity with Cloud-native architecture and its basic
- Knowledge of core AWS Services such as Compute (Lambda, ec2),
Container (ECS, EKS), Messaging (SQS, SNS), Storage (S3, EBS), Log
analysis (CloudWatch), Database (Aurora RDS), full text search
- Clear concepts on different types of testing approaches such as
functional, performance, loads frameworks
- Strong focus on Data Privacy, Application Security, Code
vulnerability and Security controls
- Good understanding of non-functional requirements of
enterprise-grade applications such as Scalability, Availability,
Failover, Disaster Recovery
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills.
- Demonstrated ability to work in a fast-paced, deadline driven
- Ability to work with changing priorities and with multiple
- Ability to be precise and attentive to detail is
- Ability to work with minimal supervision.
- Ability to work weekend and off-hour work on occasion.
- Working knowledge of Docker, Kubernetes and other container
- Demonstrated excellence in a variety of competencies including
teamwork/collaboration, analytical thinking, communication and
influencing skills, and technical expertise.
- Familiar with Project Management concepts and tools.
About Infinity Consulting Solutions At Infinity Consulting
Solutions our mission is to cultivate successful long term
relationships with candidates and clients matching the right
candidate with the right client. We believe technology cannot
replace the real personal relationships we cultivate. We reject the
notion that technology alone is the answer to staffing which is why
we our successful partnerships rely on collaboration NOT
automation. ICS has been providing flexible staffing solutions for
over 20 years in Information Technology, Compliance, Accounting /
Finance and Corporate Support. Our staffing solutions include
Contract, Temp to Perm and Permanent Placement. ICS is an Equal
Keywords: Infinity Consulting Solutions, New York , Python Developer, IT / Software / Systems , New York, New York
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!