Staff Software Engineer - Marketplace Product Infrastructure
Company: Teachers Pay Teachers
Location: New York
Posted on: November 26, 2022
At Teachers Pay Teachers (TpT), we're unlocking the power of
educator-created content. TpT gives educators access to a trusted,
one-of-a-kind community. We are the world's first marketplace of
our kind and founded by a teacher, for teachers as the go-to
platform for teacher-created content for nearly 15 years. We are
currently serving more than 7.5 million users and more than 85% of
U.S. teachers. If you haven't heard of TpT yet and want to learn
more, just ask any teacher.
Focused on supporting the product teams in building the core TpT
experience where teachers come to explore and download resources to
use in their classrooms. You'll work full-stack to lay the
foundations in the developer experience and technical stack so that
the product teams can build and scale new features that enhance our
user's experience with search and discovery, creating and
evaluating resources, and educating users about new product
As a Staff Software Engineer within the Marketplace Product
Infrastructure (MPI) team, you will help lead our efforts in
modernizing and refining the systems powering the TpT Marketplace
that supports millions of teachers each year. You will be expected
to help the team prioritize, design and implement the right
investments on the underlying marketplace technology to support our
product priorities. To succeed, you should be excited to dive deep
into technical challenges while also helping technical and
non-technical team members understand the progress and impact your
team is making. This is an opportunity to help define the technical
direction for a critical part of the business and own the
improvement of our product development velocity and quality.
- Understand requirements and context to inform how to prioritize
investments in our marketplace technology.
- Drive the scoping, design, implementation, and operation of
major projects for the marketplace, spanning multiple engineers,
sprints and (sometimes) teams.
- Play an individual contributor or tech lead role for projects
as needed for the team and organization.
- Uplevel the engineering team by mentoring other engineers,
presenting on best practices, and informing major technical
- Help shape the long-term technical vision and strategy to
achieve and support the Marketplace ecosystem.
- Take ownership and responsibility for producing maintainable,
monitored, and highly available software systems.
- Own and deliver on engineering practices and processes that
have an impact on the productivity and engagement of the team and
the wider organization.
- Own engineering programs or key objectives end-end that span
multiple teams, projects, and/or quarters.
- Deep technical foundation that allows you to engage with and
support engineers at the design/review level when making
- Technical curiosity and experience necessary to own
mission-critical systems, coupled with interest in business and
product objectives to make pragmatic decisions.
- Strong communication skills with ability to articulate complex
- Leadership skills that allow you to concretize ambiguous goals
and rally teams to make meaningful progress.
- Collaborate with business stakeholders and engineering leaders
in the organization
- Comfortable with lean engineering and agile project management
practices with a track record of successfully managing and
delivering on large projects.
- Ability to iterate and create high-quality products using a
Benefits & Perks:
At TpT, we believe the positive experience of employees is
essential to growth, both individually and collectively. To achieve
our mission of 'Empowering Educators to Teach at Their Best,' we
must also empower the members of our TpT Team to work at their
best. To that end, two of our core company values are "We Learn and
Grow Together" and "We Enjoy the Journey." We've committed to these
values and to our employees through investing in added benefits and
- Comprehensive Medical, Vision & Dental Benefits
- Free Telemedicine Membership - 24/7 access to trusted medical
- Generous PTO and Wellness Days
- 5 Week "Recharge Leave" after 5 Years, to refresh and celebrate
the impact you've had at TpT
- Generous Parental Leave (for new parents) for time to adjust to
parenthood, plus additional six weeks for the birth parent
- Onsite Mother's Room
- 'Employee Resource Groups' (ERGs) to promote employee
inclusivity and belonging
- Engineering Learning Fridays (ELF), to provide a space each
week for Engineering teams to collaborate and learn from each
- 'Professional Development' Stipend, to support the professional
growth of employees (including - but not limited to -
subscriptions, books, lectures, etc.)
- Annual Company Events (Camp TpT, Field Day, Hackathons, Holiday
Party, Summer Picnic, Classroom Visits, etc.)
Here at TpT we value Diversity & Inclusion and encourage people to
bring their most authentic selves to work. We cultivate an
environment where people are recognized and celebrated for their
Any TpT applicant who requires reasonable accommodations during the
interview process should contact the TpT People Ops Team
(firstname.lastname@example.org) to make the need for an
accommodation known.Finally, if you're a California resident,
California law requires that we provide you notice about the
collection and use of your personal information. We encourage you
to read it carefully. You can find our full notice.
Keywords: Teachers Pay Teachers, New York , Staff Software Engineer - Marketplace Product Infrastructure, IT / Software / Systems , New York, New York
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!