Microsoft SQL Server Developer
Company: Rockstar Games
Location: New York
Posted on: November 26, 2022
At Rockstar Games, we create world-class entertainment
experiences. A career at Rockstar Games is about being part of a
team working on some of the most creatively rewarding and ambitious
projects to be found in any entertainment medium. You would be
welcomed to a dedicated and inclusive environment where you can
learn and collaborate with some of the most talented people in the
industry. Rockstar is looking for MSSQL Server Developers who
possess a passion for database development and optimization. This
is a full-time permanent position based out of Rockstar's unique
game studios in Andover, MA, Carlsbad, CA, and New York City, NY.
WHAT WE DO
- The Rockstar Database team provides development and operational
support for critical platforms and services. RESPONSIBILITIES
- Work directly as part of agile software engineering teams to
design, develop, maintain, and enhance database solutions using
Microsoft SQL Server (2016 and up) for all of Rockstar Game's
- Conduct periodic evaluations of existing T-SQL queries to
identify issues and implement changes to increase query
- Create and maintain database documentation.
- Serve as database subject matter expert, to internal teams, on
the structure and content of relational databases.
- Work with Builds Engineering teams to improve database
- Participate in rotating on-call schedule to support database
- 5+ years of experience developing in T-SQL stored procedures,
functions, views etc.
- Experience creating, altering, tuning and debugging large
complex stored procedures.
- Experience with database design including referential
- Experience designing large, high transaction, high availability
database schemas. SKILLS
- Advanced T-SQL DDL and DML skills.
- Strong knowledge of different types of indexes and best
practices applying them.
- Experience with practical application of best practices with
relational data modelling using SQL Server.
- Ability to troubleshoot common database issues.
- Adept at solving complex problems, strong analytical skills,
and conduct root cause analysis on query performance issues.
- Knowledge of deployments and source control.
- Highly motivated and self-directed; independent worker,
self-starter, ability to work without direct supervision. PLUSES
Please note that these are desirable skills and are not required to
apply for the position.
- Passion for Rockstar Games.
- Knowledge of .NET/C#.
- Knowledge of NoSQL and big data technologies.
- Knowledge of SQL Server internals.
- Knowledge of SSIS, SSRS and ETL.
- Previous experience in a CI/CD environment. HOW TO APPLY Please
apply with a resume and cover letter demonstrating how you meet the
skills above. If we would like to move forward with your
application, a Rockstar recruiter will reach out to you to explain
next steps and guide you through the process. Rockstar is proud to
be an equal opportunity employer, and we are committed to hiring,
promoting, and compensating employees based on their qualifications
and demonstrated ability to perform job responsibilities. If you've
got the right skills for the job, we want to hear from you. We
encourage applications from all suitable candidates regardless of
age, disability, gender identity, sexual orientation, religion,
belief, or race. The pay range for this position in New York City
at the start of employment is expected to be between $121,400 and
$141,600 per year. However, base pay offered is based on market
location, and may vary further depending on individualized factors
for job candidates, such as job-related knowledge, skills,
experience, and other objective business considerations. Subject to
those same considerations, the total compensation package for this
position may also include other elements, including a bonus and/or
equity awards, in addition to a full range of medical, financial,
and/or other benefits. Details of participation in these benefit
plans will be provided if an employee receives an offer of
employment. If hired, employee will be in an "at-will position" and
the Company reserves the right to modify base salary (as well as
any other discretionary payment or compensation or benefit program)
at any time, including for reasons related to individual
performance, Company or individual department/team performance, and
Keywords: Rockstar Games, New York , Microsoft SQL Server Developer, IT / Software / Systems , New York, New York
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!