Information Technology Specialist
Location: New York
Posted on: November 26, 2022
We're looking for an Information Technology Specialist to join
our enthusiastic support team! If you like to tinker with tech, and
love to help people, this one might be for you - in this role, you
will be responsible for helping Via manage the tools and
technologies that are the backbone of our company's operations.
This role affords the opportunity to wear several hats, from taking
on our most complex tech tickets, to helping a new hire get their
laptop running on their first day. This specialist will be onsite
in our NYC office 80% of the time, with the ability to remotely
support global regions and offices.
What You'll Do:
- Work both individually and collaboratively on our day-to-day
support operations, in order to provide excellent service to our
employees. This includes answering ticket cases, chats, calls, and
video conferences to provide:
- Computer support - providing hands-on and remote user
assistance, by installing, configuring, and maintaining IT related
computers and equipment. Utilize and manage MDM systems.
- Network support - providing assistance and hands-on support to
local networking equipment
- Application support - ensuring client applications stay up and
running, and offer technical support (directly or in front of the
global support teams) when they don't
- Global support - working together with the global teams to
resolve big-ticket issues, and maintain hardware/software
- Manage user access and permissions to Via's Cloud apps on a
rolling basis as our team continues to grow.
- Ensure a positive and smooth onboarding experience for new
employees by setting up their tools and technology. Similarly
manage offboarding for outgoing employees.
- Be responsible for tracking incidents to conclusion, in line
with our SLA's and quality standards.
- Continually measure, monitor, and work to drive down our
- Work with our business operations team to help set up new Via
offices across the US and abroad.
Who You Are:
- Patient and happy to help - customer service is at your
- A curious tinkerer, but mindful of risk and IT security - you
live to solve large and complex problems, but you don't mind fixing
- A natural leader with a low ego and a sense of humor - you
don't take yourself too seriously.
- Knowledge, or excitement to learn in the following technical
- Troubleshooting Mac, Windows, Android, and iOS operating
- Experience managing Cloud service tools such as G Suite, Okta,
and other SaaS tools
- Proficiency in managing computer networking, Wi-Fi access
points, TCP/IP, DNS, VPN, and security tools
- Knowledge of 2 factor authenticator (2FA) systems
- Knowledge of help desk ticketing systems
- You have 2-3 years experience in a similar IT role
What Catches Our Eye:
- Experience supporting 1000+ employees and managing
enterprise-level tools and technologies.
- You see yourself as an emerging leader in the IT space, even if
you haven't worked at this scale before.
- Experience with AWS and JAMF is a plus.
Compensation and Benefits:
- Final salary will be determined by the candidate's experience,
knowledge, and skills. Salary reflected does not include equity or
variable pay, where applicable
- Salary Range: $85,000-$110,000
We're Via, and we build technology that changes the way the world
moves. We pioneered the TransitTech category to ensure that the
future of transportation is shared, dynamic public mobility - the
kind that reduces carbon emissions across congested cities,
minimizes reliance on private cars, and provideseveryonewith
accessible, efficient, and affordable ways of getting around.
With the addition of Remix into our portfolio, we created the first
end-to-end TransitTech solution for cities and transit agencies,
offering world-class software, service design, and operational
expertise to fundamentally improve the way the world moves.Via was
founded with the guiding principle that we go further when we go
together. We are dedicated to building a diverse, inclusive and
authentic workplace. If you're excited about this role but your
past experience doesn't align perfectly with every qualification in
the job description, we encourage you to apply anyways. You may be
just the right candidate for this or other roles. All backgrounds,
identities, and voices are welcomed and celebrated at Via.
Ready to join the ride?
Via is an equal opportunity employer.
Keywords: Via, New York , Information Technology Specialist, IT / Software / Systems , New York, New York
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!