Senior Project Manager job in New York, NY
Location: New York
Posted on: February 11, 2024
Senior Project Manager job in New York, NY
The Senior Project Manager will define the scope and manage all
areas of project work while supporting business and program
management staff. Typical scope of the projects involve more than
five technology teams which are cross functional and distributed
geographically. Successful completion of these projects is critical
to the company meeting its objectives. The Senior Project Manager
works with internal and external parties to organize the various
components needed to initiate, run and complete software
development and implementation projects.
Seasoned and versatile candidate is required who has extensive
experience in Agile project managment. Display strong experience in
overcoming organizational challenges of transitioning to Agile
methodology from traditional project management and development.
Demonstrate strong team player and interpersonal skills with the
ability to build relationships across organizational levels and
effectively deal with a team comprised of both local team members
and distributed team members.
Primary Job Duties
• Administer Agile / Scrum process and assist staff on same
• Ensure effective implementation of agile process
• Coordinate with various departments to ensure delivery of
projects on time
• Manage all project and handle single an multiple projects
• Assist Program Manager and developers in managing and developing
• Interpret organizational and business goals, policies and
practices; develop and implement project scope, goals, objectives,
policies and priorities; Facilitate and manage the integration and
coordination of systems, processes, staff and resources; Provide
direction, leadership and act as an information and support source
for project team members.
• Manage one or more projects of larger size and complexity;
Oversee project activities in compliance with program priorities
and the utilization of resources in order to carry out the goals
• Monitor project status to ensure progress toward completion;
modifies project plan as necessary in response to unforeseen or
unexpected development and informs management; Coordinates changes
with team members;
• Proactively identify and manage project risks and issues and take
steps to mitigate or avoid.
• Recommend solutions to any issues that change the scope of the
project or negatively impact its delivery or cost. (I.e.,
proactively manage project scope and change process.)
• Actively participate in all phases of the project or specific
phases of larger projects.
• Effectively manage project team conflicts and stakeholder
• Consult with appropriate staff to resolve issues; Identify and
minimize risks; develop contingency plans and identify
opportunities to ensure projects are completed successfully.
• Ensure compliance with all applicable standards and policies.
• Represent project team in meetings and work sessions regarding
project status including facilitating and working effectively to
develop consensus within divergent groups or divergent viewpoints;
provide status and progress reports; assist in clarifying expected
outcomes and managing expectations.
Qualifications / Requirements
• BS/BA required. .
• Minimum of 5 years of Project Management/Planning experience.
• PMP certification desired.
(Manager can select additional qualifications/requirements as
• 5 + years of technical project management experience
• Agile / Scrum / Extreme Programming experience is a must
• Strong working knowledge of Microsoft Office
• Understanding of the Software Development Life Cycle(s)
• Above average organization, interpersonal, & communication
• Demonstrated ability to multi-task
• Experience interacting with internal & external stakeholders
• Excellent verbal and written communication skills
• Ability to work as a team member
• Experience building successful client relationships or internal
• Ability to design programs and tasks
• Ability to proactively identify and recommend program
• Outstanding attention to detail combined with the ability to see
the big picture.
• Experience managing geographically diverse teams.
If interested in the Senior Project Manager job in New York, NY
please apply today!
Keywords: , New York , Senior Project Manager job in New York, NY, IT / Software / Systems , New York, New York
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!