Senior Java Backend Engineer
Company: Capital One
Location: New York
Posted on: October 12, 2018
114 5th Ave (22114), United States of America, New York, New York At Capital One, we re building a leading information-based technology company. Still founder-led by Chairman and Chief Executive Officer Richard Fairbank, Capital One is on a mission to help our customers succeed by bringing ingenuity, simplicity, and humanity to banking. We measure our efforts by the success our customers enjoy and the advocacy they exhibit. We are succeeding because they are succeeding.
Guided by our shared values, we thrive in an environment where collaboration and openness are valued. We believe that innovation is powered by perspective and that teamwork and respect for each other lead to superior results. We elevate each other and obsess about doing the right thing. Our associates serve with humility and a deep respect for their responsibility in helping our customers achieve their goals and realize their dreams. Together, we are on a quest to change banking for good.
Senior Java Backend Engineer As a Capital One Senior Software Engineer, you'll work on everything from customer-facing web and mobile applications using cutting-edge open source frameworks, to highly-available RESTful services, to back-end Java based systems using the hottest techniques in Big Data. You'll bring solid experience in emerging and traditional technologies such as SpringBoot, Java, Scala, Reactive Programming Paradigm, REST, NoSQL databases, relational databases, Spark, Docker, and AWS/Cloud Infrastructure to name a few.
- Designing solutions, writing and testing code, automating tests and deployment.
- Delivering software components while working in collaboration with product and design teams.
- Collaborating with other technology teams to ensure integrated end-to-end design and integration.
- Enforcing existing process guidelines; driving new processes, guidelines, team rules, and best practices.
- Mentoring and raising the game of your teammates in all areas.
- Participating fully in the Agile Scrum process including speaking up and giving your opinion!
- Picking up new technologies and pitching in on story tasks (design, code, test, CI/CD, deploy, etc).
- Researching and learning new methodologies and technologies and sharing that knowledge with the team. Team Provides Exposure To:
- Back End Skills: JVM (Java - Spring, Spring Boot, Hibernate; Scala) Microservices, Database (MySQL, Cassandra)
- DevOps/Platforms: Amazon Web Service (S3, RDS, EC2, Lambda, SQS, SNS, DynamoDB, CloudFormation), Chef, Docker, Terraform, Ansible
- Data Platforms: Kafka, Storm, MongoDB, Hadoop, Spring XD or Spring Batch
- Automation Testing: Selenium, Cucumber, ATDD, Protractor, or Karma; Automated Performance, Regression, and Functional Testing
- CI/CD: Jenkins, Nexus, Artifactory
- Build/SCM Tools: Maven, Gradle, Grunt, Gulp, Git, NPM Basic Qualifications:
- Bachelor's Degree or Military experience
- At least 4 years of software development experience in Java
- At least 1 year of experience with configuration management tools CloudFormation, Terraform, Ansible, Chef, Puppet, Salt, Docker, Kubernetes, Maven, Gradle, or GIT
- At least 1 year of experience with Hudson, Jenkins, Nexus, or Artifactory Preferred Qualifications:
- Sun Certified Java Developer or application vendor-specific certification
- 2+ years of experience with Amazon Web Services
- 2+ years of experience with NoSQL databases
- 2+ years of experience with search engines ElasticSearch or Solr
- 1+ year of experience with Spring Integration or Spring Batch
- 1+ year of experience with Big Data tools
- Kafka, Storm, Cassandra, Hadoop, Spring XD or Spring Batch
- Automation Testing: Selenium, Cucumber, ATDD, Protractor, or Karma; Automated Performance, Regression, and Functional Testing At this time, Capital One will not sponsor a new applicant for employment authorization for this position.
Associated topics: .net, architect, c/c++, c#, design pattern, develop, devops, matlab, php, software engineer lead
Keywords: Capital One, New York , Senior Java Backend Engineer, IT / Software / Systems , New York, New York
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!