Company: Hill International
Posted on: March 26, 2019
Hill International is an international construction consulting firm
that provides program and project management, construction
management, cost engineering and estimating, quality assurance,
inspection, scheduling, risk management and claims avoidance to
clients involved in major construction projects worldwide. Hill has
participated in over 10,000 project assignments with a total
construction value of more than $500 billion. Hill is a publicly
traded company listed on the New York Stock Exchange (NYSE: HIL),
and is headquartered in Philadelphia, Pennsylvania.
We are seeking a Technical Writer to join our team in our
HILL INTERNATIONAL, INC., PROPOSALS, GRAPHICS, & MARKETING
DEPARTMENT, TECHNICAL WRITER
The Proposals, Graphics, & Marketing Technical Writer creates,
edits, and captures compelling and concise text to support the
business development efforts of Hills Project Management Group
(Americas). Specific documents the Technical Writer contributes to
include proposals, brochures, presentations, award submissions,
website content, and client correspondence. Component pieces
include resumes, project profiles, and in-depth project histories,
technical approaches, articles, social media posts, and SF 330
text. The Technical Writer is also available, at the Departments
discretion, to support billable project assignments. Adherence to
deadlines, both internal and client-driven, is critical.
Technical writers must be able to work closely with Hills project
personnel, and should have strong interview and research abilities
in addition to excellent written and verbal communication skills.
Technical writers must also be able to work as part of an
integrated team, take direction from various sources, and set and
maintain quality standards for Hills text. Availability to work
overtime as assignments demand is required, and a willingness to
undertake limited domestic travel is desired.
DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
* Implement Hill Style Guide in all written materials.
* Work closely with pursuit teams to review content efficiently and
effectively and convert materials into Hill format.
* Convert candidate resumes into Hill format for use in proposals.
May require interaction with new hires and potential employees.
* Draft, edit, and develop marketing content.
* Work closely with Business Development and other firm staff to
improve the quality of written materials.
* Develop high-quality project description text for Hill projects
and circulate for review and approval by appropriate staff.
* Input data and improve text in the Deltek Vision database.
* Assist Proposal and Marketing staff with editing services for
brochures, flyers, web site and other materials applying the Hill
Style as necessary for consistency.
* Proofread proposals, brochures, and other copy as requested.
* Participate in process improvement teams.
* Advance the quality of documents produced by the firm.
* Capture information and key selling points of pursuit teams to
write project approaches, understandings, and other technical
* Interview and research Hill personnel and projects to create and
improve firm marketing materials, including resumes and project
* Coordinate with Proposal Managers to identify text for inclusion
in Proposals, Graphics, & Marketing databases.
REQUIREMENTS & QUALIFICATIONS:
* B.A. in English, Journalism, Technical Writing, or A/E/C-related
field (minimum requirement).
* Minimum 2 years of experience in preparation of resumes, project
descriptions, articles, press releases, and/or proposals,
preferably in the A/E/C industry.
* Comfortable working in a variety of word processing and layout
environments, including Adobe and Microsoft Office.
* Ability to work as a team with an array of marketing and
technical professionals in a deadline-driven environment.
* Exceptional written communication skills including writing,
editing, and proofreading.
* Excellent organizational skills, attention to detail a must.
* Ability to work under strict deadlines.
Hill International is an Equal Opportunity Employer M/F/D/V
Proof of U. S. Citizenship or eligibility to work in the United
States is required.
* Director of Technical Writing
Keywords: Hill International, New York , Technical Writer, IT / Software / Systems , Philadelphia, New York
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!