Company: Paperless Post
Location: New York
Posted on: September 14, 2019
Paperless Post is seeking an energetic Scrum Master to continue
scaling up our Agile framework, further allowing our
cross-functional teams to grow their sustainability, predictability
and ability to collaborate. The Scrum Master will join the
Engineering team and work at the intersection of Engineering,
Product and Design.
A Little About The Team
The PP Engineering team, a highly collaborative group of developers
and technologists, is charged with building and refining a
consumer-facing product that millions of people interact with each
month. Our individual teams focus on a unique piece of the user
experience and are made up of engineers, product managers, QA,
product designers, and Scrum Masters. We prioritize creativity and
continuing education, and our ongoing commitment to quality code
shows in our pragmatic but brave approach to technology.
What you will do here
- Act as Scrum Master for one or more Scrum teams.
- Facilitate all Scrum ceremonies such as sprint planning,
backlog grooming, stand-ups and retrospectives.
- Recommend and implement process improvements to optimize
velocity of assigned teams.
- Ensure blockers are identified and resolved.
- Ensure all work is represented in JIRA, sized appropriately and
described with consistent standards.
- Ensure backlog is properly managed and does not become
- Minimize gaps between planned work represented in JIRA and
actual work done.
- Provide accurate, understandable, and useful metrics reporting
on sprint performance. Leverage those metrics to drive improvements
and demonstrate performance.
- Partner with Product Managers to prepare the right work at the
right time and actively ensure the team remains focused on what's
important and timely.
- Work with Technical Program Manager on cross-team efforts.
- Agile environment work experience. You are passionate about
Agile frameworks. You have worked 5+ years in an Agile software
development environment. This can include experience as an Engineer
and/or Product Manager, but must include at least 2 years as a
- Agile framework chops. You understand thoroughly and can apply
the Scrum framework, perhaps also the Kanban framework. You can
explain clearly the differences between Waterfall and Agile, as
well as SDLC practices that are often used in conjunction with
- Agile tools. You are a power-user of Confluence and JIRA.
Experience with other similar tools and enthusiasm for learning new
ones can substitute for this.
- Excellent communication skills. You bring people together and
promote collaboration, self-organization and transparency. You know
when to use verbal vs. written communications. You write
effectively and can present your views clearly.
- Strong interpersonal skills. You love working with people. You
build strong relationships with ease. You interact well with many
personality types. You can lead effectively without authority. You
are able to assertively express view points aligned with Agile and
Scrum methodologies and execute them, working through sometimes
conflicting points of view.
- Technical aptitude. You are conversant in web architectures and
technologies. You can participate in high-level technical
discussions including challenges, risks and tradeoffs of various
- Bonus points: you have experience scrum mastering web-based
projects, you have worked in a small, start-up like
Company-wide we enjoy an amazing ecosystem of an even gender split
and healthy balance of engineers and designers. Because Paperless
Post isn't supported by ad revenue, we can focus our efforts on
building and improving on the ideal version of our platform,
product, content, and partnerships for our users.
We are proud that Paperless Post helped over 80 million people
connect in the real world last year. Our product is global, and we
are committed to being a company where everyone belongs. We
encourage people of all backgrounds, races, genders, and abilities
Keywords: Paperless Post, New York , Scrum Master, IT / Software / Systems , New York, New York
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!