SAP Financial Lead
Company: The Associated Press
Location: New York
Posted on: November 11, 2019
The Associated Press is the essential global news network,
delivering fast, unbiased news from every corner of the world to
all media platforms and formats. Founded in 1846, AP today is the
largest and most trusted source of independent news and
information. On any given day more than half the world's population
sees news from AP.
SAP Financial Lead will work as part of a dynamic,
multi-disciplinary Business Technology team that acquire,
implement, maintain and support various global back office and
ecommerce applications utilized thought the Associated Press. The
Functional Lead will partner with the Finance organization, the
Business units located globally, other IT leads and the external
System Integrators to determine and optimize the business process
and solution design leveraging the capabilities of the SAP ECC 6.0
Finance and Controlling modules using industry best practices. In
addition to the day to day system support, the Lead will also be
responsible for project based initiatives such as system add-ons
* Liaison with AP's global user base, to design, coordinate
development, test and implement Finance, planning, controlling,
Invoicing and procurement related solutions to increase stability,
usability and functionality enabling end users to meet business
* Provide support for existing global, multi-currency SAP finance
and controlling application for users in time zones.
* Collaborate with other SAP and non-SAP functional areas to ensure
end to end process integration and consistency.
* Lead and support project initiatives to expand and/or optimize
the usage of the SAP solution across the company.
* Translate business process design established during planning and
design into the SAP system configurations.
* Recommend and/or participate in the development of business cases
for new SAP and non-SAP initiatives and present the findings to
senior business management.
* Analyze data to identify problems or recommend preventive action,
research/troubleshoot problems, and provide status proactively.
* Tracks and fully document change - ensure that issue logs are
clearly documented and articulated.
* Perform end user training as well as internal cross training to
other team members as necessary.
* Follow applicable AP Standards, Procedures, Guidelines and
Methodologies in the support and/or maintenance of systems.
* Stay abreast of current technology trends, SAP Product literature
and roadmap and help make strategic decisions.
* A minimum of 7 years of extensive and hands on configuration and
support experience with SAP core FI/CO modules and processes - such
as New GL, Accounts Receivable, Treasury/cash application, Accounts
Payable, Fixed Asset, Material Master, multi-currency processing
* Experience with configuration, roll-out and support of non-US
* Well versed with data migration techniques.
* SD, FSCM (Collection and Dispute Management), SRM and BW/BI
knowledge is a big plus
* Excellent understanding of financial accounting principles.
* General understanding of GAP and IFRS accounting principles.
* Strong knowledge of Electronic Bank Statement, bank
reconciliation and currency revaluation.
* The ability to work in diversified teams, and to guide and
motivate team members.
* Strong time management skills and the ability to multi-task.
* Excellent written, oral and presentation skills.
* Excellent customer services orientation and experience in
* Demonstrated ability to adjust to changes in customer demands or
* Results oriented, and demonstrate a "can-do" attitude -
adaptability, flexibility and resourcefulness.
Authorization to work in the U.S. will be mandatory. Advanced-level
professional competency in written and spoken English is
Application deadline is 11:59pm EST on November 22, 2019
AP seeks to build an inclusive organization grounded in respect for
differences. We support all aspects of diversity and provide equal
employment opportunity to all employees and applicants without
regard to race, color, religion, sex, marital status, national
origin, age, sexual orientation, gender identity, disability or
status as a veteran in accordance with applicable nondiscrimination
Keywords: The Associated Press, New York , SAP Financial Lead, IT / Software / Systems , New York, New York
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!