Core Platform Developer
Company: Quantitative Systems
Location: New York
Posted on: November 11, 2019
Core Platform Developer New York, NY What We Do At our firm, our
Engineers don't just make things - we make things possible. Change
the world by connecting people and capital with ideas. Solve the
most challenging and pressing engineering problems for our clients.
Join our engineering teams that build massively scalable software
and systems, architect low latency infrastructure solutions,
proactively guard against cyber threats, and leverage machine
learning alongside financial engineering to continuously turn data
into action. Create new businesses, transform finance, and explore
a world of opportunity at the speed of markets. Engineering, which
is comprised of our Technology Division and global strategists
groups, is at the critical center of our business, and our dynamic
environment requires innovative strategic thinking and immediate,
real solutions. Want to push the limit of digital possibilities?
Start here. Who We Look For Our Engineers are innovators and
problem-solvers, building solutions in risk management, big data,
mobile and more. We look for creative collaborators who evolve,
adapt to change and thrive in a fast-paced global environment.
RESPONSIBILITIES AND QUALIFICATIONS
- Design, build and maintain a high-performance,
high-availability, high-capacity, yet nimble and adaptive messaging
platform for front to back trading systems like order management,
algorithmic engines, market signal publishing, event sourcing
applications, risk engines and asset inventory systems.
- Use data to guide decision-making, developing or enhancing
tools as necessary to collect it.
- Communication with traders, sales, clients and compliance
officers about new systems, feature requests, explanation of
existing features etc. Basic Qualifications
- Bachelors or Masters degree in computer science or engineering
or equivalent experience
- Experience building C++/Java systems with strict requirements
for low-latency (microseconds count) and deterministic performance.
- Familiarity with STL and C+ language extensions, Boost
- Network programming (sockets, TCP/UDP/Multicast protocols)
- Multi-threading, concurrent programming
- Strong knowledge of data structures, algorithms and design
- Experience in data driven performance analysis and
- Strong communication skills and the ability to work in a
- Strong analytical and problem solving skills
- Ability to solve high performance engineering problems in a
language agnostic manner.
Keywords: Quantitative Systems, New York , Core Platform Developer, IT / Software / Systems , New York, New York
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!