Alterations Technical Manager
Company: Vera Wang
Location: New York
Posted on: November 11, 2019
The Alterations Technical Manager is responsible for leading a team
of seamstresses at our New York Corporate headquarters-Alterations
location. This dynamic individual will provide exceptional customer
service whilst working with clients to fit and alter gowns within
established timeframe standards.
Duties and Responsibilities (Including, but not limited to):
- Uphold and endorse the company values of excellence in customer
service, and promote the brand with passionate determination.
- In charge of leading a team of seamstresses, managing fitting
scheduling whilst working to deadlines.
- Interface with the Bridal Services stylist team to ensure
customer satisfaction exceeds expectations.
- Consistently and effectively communicate, model, and enforce
company policies, core values, goals, and safety rules.
- Actively liaise and follow-up on a daily/ weekly basis with
management department strengths and weaknesses.
- Manage all day to day alteration operations; oversee
alterations inventory; ordering alterations supplies, equipment,
and sewing needs.
- Monitor completion status of client items by actively
overseeing workroom productivity.
- Organize in-progress gowns by date, amount of work, and
- Provide department approved alteration options to client;
responsible for determining whether a requested modification
questions the original integrity of design.
- Great communication skills and must demonstrate confidence when
interacting with clients, alterations team, and store
- Enjoy working in a team oriented environment, maintain energy
and positivity, and have the ability to multi-task in a high
- Detail oriented with exceptional organizational skills and
dedication to leadership responsibilities.
- Possess a polished image, professional demeanor and have
excellent communication skills.
- Punctuality is an imperative and must have an incredible work
- Oversee, monitor and manage daily Alterations at the New York
- Drive, coach and evaluate seamstresses.
- Teach and educate staff on best practices as it relates to
- Monitor and control supply inventory to better maintain an
orderly and efficient process.
- Conduct quarterly one-on-one coaching and counseling meetings
with each team member to ensure professional and personal goals are
- Manage department operations while maintaining world class
service and appearance.
- Exercise direct and personal supervision in accordance with
Vera Wang brand standard.
- Supervise and evaluate the performance of staff to ensure that
each employee renders first class customer service.
- Ability to perform fittings and complete multiple alterations
in a timely and accurate manner.
- Must have extensive knowledge and understanding of garment
fabrication and construction; during appointments you will need to
advise clients on fit and styling.
- Full knowledge of the complete alterations process is required
by hand sewing and sewing machine.
- Excellent knowledge of fine fabric (silk, linen, cashmere,
- Capability to work with beading or other special fabrics.
- Ability to work with all alterations equipment (sewing
machines, pressers, etc.) appropriately and safely.
An EEO/Affirmative Action Employer All qualified applicants will
receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color,
religion, sex, national origin, disability or protected veteran
Thank you, in advance, for your interest in this career opportnity
with Vera Wang Group, an Equal Opportunity Employer. All qualified
applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard
to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, disability or
protected veteran status. At this time, only qualified candidates
will be contacted.
Direct applicants only, no third-party staffing inquiries,
Keywords: Vera Wang, New York , Alterations Technical Manager, IT / Software / Systems , New York, New York
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!