Counsel - Assistant Vice President
Company: Apple Bank
Location: New York
Posted on: April 10, 2021
Counsel - Assistant Vice President New York, NY Apple Bank is
seeking an AVP, Counsel to specialize in providing legal advice to
multiple business lines of our organization including but not
limited to the following departments: Information Technology,
Information Security, Vendor Management, and Accounting/Finance.
This Counsel acts as a corporate generalist, with responsibilities
that include the reviewing and negotiating of vendor contractual
agreements and identifying and escalating privacy issues. The
successful candidate has the ability to change priorities according
to business needs, handle business operational timelines, identify
areas of need, generate action plans, and must be comfortable
making recommendations that effect change. Essential Duties and
- Provide day-to-day support to a subset of Bank business units
including but not limited to, Information Technology, Information
Security, Vendor Management, and Accounting/Finance.
- Advise internal business clients on contract interpretation,
negotiation and documentation.
- Draft, review, negotiate, and manage wide range of legal
agreements while minimizing business risk.
- Review and negotiate vendor contracts.
- Review and approve assigned business unit policies and
- Identify potential legal and privacy issues and propose
solutions to mitigate risk.
- Collaborate with Privacy Office, Information Security and
Vendor Management regarding vendor contracts.
- Conduct in-depth legal research and factual analysis on an as
- Work with other members of Legal team, to ensure a consistent
approach to legal issues.
- Assist with the interpretation and implementation of Bank-wide
- Perform such other duties as may be required to assist the FVP,
Head of Privacy and IT/Vendor Management - Legal, and/or EVP,
General Counsel. Skills, Education and Experience
- Juris Doctor (JD) degree required.
- Active license to practice law in New York State.
- 3-5 years of practical experience including extensive contract
drafting and negotiation experience.
- Demonstrated negotiation and conflict resolution skills.
- Robust knowledge of banking regulations and competency
concerning information technology and the digital banking
- Basic privacy/data protection awareness and vendor risk
- Excellent analytical skills, with the ability to think
creatively and identify innovative solutions as well as the ability
to clearly articulate complex concepts and ideas.
- Strong interpersonal skills.
- Excellent communication skills with the ability to provide
clear, correct and concise written and oral advice in a business
- Demonstrated ability to adapt to new or unfamiliar challenges
or areas of responsibility.
- Ability to form strong working relationships with internal
clients while maintaining Bank adherence to proper legal standards.
Apple Bank offers Medical/Dental,Vision, 401k and Tuition
Reimbursement to full time employees. We are an equal opportunity
employer and do not discriminate on the basis of race, color,
religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national
origin, disability, military and/or veteran status, or any other
Federal or State legally-protected classes.
Keywords: Apple Bank, New York , Counsel - Assistant Vice President, Legal , New York, New York
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!