Senior Legal Counsel
Location: New York
Posted on: June 25, 2022
What do we do?Paddle offers SaaS companies a completely
different approach to their payments infrastructure. Instead of
assembling and maintaining a complex stack of payments-related apps
and services, we're a Merchant of Record for our customers, taking
away 100% of the pain of payments fragmentation. It's faster,
safer, cheaper, and, above all, way better.The RoleHow you'll fit
in:As a member of the Legal team you will report directly to our
General Counsel, enjoying an extremely varied role, delivering
first-rate legal advice in a fast-paced dynamic environment,
identifying risk and balancing common sense with legal
expertise.The Legal team is intrinsically integrated into Paddle's
business and you will be required to collaborate and advise cross
functionally, empowering the business to achieve its goals.As
Senior Legal Counsel, you will consider the longer-term impacts
whilst also being able to react quickly to deliver level headed,
creative and context appropriate solutions to ensure the best
possible customer experience in the ever changing tech space.The
role will be based in the US as our first legal hire in the region;
however, this role will be global in scope.What you'll do:
- Support the General Counsel in her duties and advise and
partner with every team from across the business on a wide range of
- Draft and negotiate a range of contracts, including B2B SaaS
customer agreements, and supply partner agreements.
- Draft, negotiate, and advise on data protection agreements,
terms of service, privacy policies, and other contracts and
- Risk-spot and proactively identify legal solutions that will
eliminate or mitigate risk.
- Work with the business to assess the legal implications of
growth opportunities in different jurisdictions.
- Be responsible for and ensure effective contract management and
- Assist in the development of policies and procedures that
ensure compliance within the space Paddle operates.
- Support the People team with employment related matters
- Support with corporate and governance related matters.We'd love
to hear from you if:
- You have 5 + years of legal experience as a practicing attorney
at a law firm and/or in-house with active membership in at least
one U.S. state bar
- You have exposure within scaling Tech businesses preferably
within the payments sector.
- You have demonstrable learning agility and bags of common sense
and are not afraid of picking up matters you have never dealt with
- You're excited by the prospect of owning your own projects,
while also happy to help pitch in when the team needs you.
- You will be driven, able to work independently and a pleasure
to work with.
- You are an excellent and persuasive communicator whose advice
is actively sought out and heeded.
- You are skilled at tailoring your legal advice to the
recipient, whether they be senior management or a junior
- You are commercially minded and able to deliver creative,
helpful and practical solutions to a rapidly growing business under
pressure and operating within ambiguityWhy you'll love working at
PaddleWe are a diverse team of 230 (and growing!) people. We care
deeply about enabling a great culture which is inclusive no matter
your background. We celebrate our diverse group of talented
employees and we pride ourselves on our transparent, collaborative,
friendly and respectful culture.We live and breathe our values,
which are:Exceptional TogetherExecute with impactBetter than
YesterdayWe offer a full suite of benefits, including attractive
salaries, stock options, pension plans, private healthcare, a
health & wellbeing platform and coaching sessions.We are a
'digital-first' company, which means you can work remotely or from
our amazing office if you prefer, or even a bit of both! We offer
all team members unlimited holidays and 4 months paid family leave
regardless of gender. We love our casual dress code, annual company
retreats and much more. We truly invest in learning and will help
you with your personal development, from constant exposure to new
challenges, an annual learning stipend to regular internal and
external training.Equal opportunitiesWe believe in having diverse
teams in which everyone can be their authentic self is key to our
success. We encourage people from underrepresented backgrounds to
apply and we don't discriminate based on race, colour, religion,
gender, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, national
origin, genetics, marital status, disability or age. Our office is
wheelchair friendly and we are a family-friendly employer .
Keywords: Paddle, New York , Senior Legal Counsel, Legal , New York, New York
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!