Company: Tempositions, Inc.
Location: New York
Posted on: September 25, 2022
Description The Capital Markets & Corporate Department of the
New York office of one of our prestigious law firm clients is
seeking an experienced Corporate Paralegal. This mid-level position
will support the legal team of partners, associates and paralegals.
The ideal candidate must have 4-8 years of corporate paralegal
experience in mergers & acquisitions and general corporate
- Location: -Midtown Manhattan (currently remote until further
- Hours: -9 a.m. to 5 p.m. (35 hour work week)
- Annual Salary: -up to $100,000, depending on experience
(exclusive of overtime)
- Coordinate and manage multiple transactional closings
including, mergers and acquisitions, dispositions, private company
financings, and capital market transactions. Public securities
experience a plus.
- Organize corporate records and conduct due diligence
- Prepare and maintain closing checklist.
- Assist with entity formation, drafting of corporate
organizational documents, prepare foreign qualifications,
withdrawals, mergers and dissolutions.
- Prepare and file documents and forms for ongoing corporate
operations, including directors and shareholders resolutions,
amendments to articles of incorporation.
- Prepare stock certificates; maintain stock ledgers and
- Draft secretary's certificates, bylaws, and operating
- Maintain entity minute books and entity ledgers for various
- 4-8 years of experience working in a Corporate law practice,
working on general corporate matters and transactions,
- Knowledge of the workings of a corporation, and a general
understanding, appropriate for a paralegal, of Delaware and New
York business laws.
- Experience working with governmental agencies and service
companies, to file and retrieve documents.
- Excellent analytical and organizational skills and demonstrated
follow-through, including ability to anticipate needs through
knowledge of past transactions.
- Strong verbal and written communications skills.
- Excellent attention to detail and high level of accuracy.
- Flexible and able to adapt to changing priorities and multiple
- Strong interpersonal skills with the ability to work closely
and build relationships with lawyers, clients and staff to achieve
- Requires a high level of collaboration and the ability to
exercise independent judgment.
- Strong computer skills including proficiency in Word, Excel,
PowerPoint and using the internet is a must.
- Working knowledge of iManage or other filing databases and web
technology would be beneficial.
- Bachelors degree and Paralegal Certificate is required. COMPANY
OVERVIEW This job is presented to you by On Call Counsel, a
division of the TemPositions Group of Companies. Enjoy exceptional
compensation, benefits, and a wealth of opportunities in government
and private entities. To learn more about employment opportunities,
visit our website at . We are an equal opportunity employer and
comply with all applicable federal, state, and local fair
employment practices laws. We strictly prohibit and do not tolerate
discrimination against employees, applicants, or any other covered
persons because of race, color, religion, creed, national origin or
ancestry, ethnicity, sex, sexual orientation, gender (including
gender identity and expression), marital or familial status, age,
physical or mental disability, perceived disability, citizenship
status, service in the uniformed services, genetic information, or
any other characteristic protected under applicable federal, state,
or local law. Applications from members of minority groups and
women are encouraged.
Keywords: Tempositions, Inc., New York , Corporate Paralegal, Legal , New York, New York
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!