Contract Litigation Attorney
Company: Tempositions, Inc.
Location: New York
Posted on: September 26, 2022
Description Contract Litigation Attorney Our client, a
prestigious government agency, is seeking contract attorneys barred
and in good standing in any state with 1+ years of litigation
experience to Work Remotely on a long-term assignment.
- Prepare for and/or try complex cases involving significant
precedents, novel and complicated determinations of law and fact,
or having significant legal, policy or financial implications.
- Determine the advisability of presenting witnesses as well as
the admissibility of types of evidence and matters of legal
- Provide training for the field staff and the Committee on
Special Education (CSE) clinical staff on compliance with federal
and state education laws and regulations.
- Confer with special education specialists, technical experts,
and other attorneys, including counsel for litigants.
- Negotiate and implement the settlement of special education
- Prepare and argue difficult cases and appeals in administrative
- Review, revise, and approve agreements prepared by other
- Draft memoranda seeking fiscal settlement authority.
- Analyze the relative strength of impartial hearing cases and
evaluate the appropriateness of plaintiffs demands.
- Instruct appropriate offices regarding their obligations to
parents and students pursuant to impartial hearing orders.
- Review internal settlement recommendations.
- Gather evidence and assist in researching issues.
- Appear at pre-hearing conferences; responsible for reviewing
- Research state and federal case law and implications for
- Work with public advocacy groups, parents, and private
attorneys to arrive at mutually beneficial settlements.
- Review, revise, and approve stipulations of settlements.
- Review and negotiate claims for attorneys fees.
- Prepare preliminary reports, statistical data and
recommendations pertaining to cases.
- Review administrative decisions.
- Review, revise, and approve requests for pendency.
- Barred in any state in good standing.
- Litigation experience.
- Settlement experience.
- Efficient legal research skills. Pay Rates 1 to 7 years of
experience (barred and in good standing) Remote: $39.00/hour
On-site (NYC): $44.00/hour 7 plus years of experience (barred and
in good standing) Remote: $41.00/hour On-site (NYC): $47.00/hour
Please submit resume to We are an Equal Opportunity Employer. and
comply with all applicable federal, state, and local fair
employment practices laws. We strictly prohibit and do not tolerate
discrimination against employees, applicants, or any other covered
persons because of race, color, religion, creed, national origin or
ancestry, ethnicity, sex, sexual orientation, gender (including
gender identity and expression), marital or familial status, age,
physical or mental disability, perceived disability, citizenship
status, service in the uniformed services, genetic information, or
any other characteristic protected under applicable federal, state,
or local law. Applications from members of minority groups and
women are encouraged.
Keywords: Tempositions, Inc., New York , Contract Litigation Attorney, Legal , New York, New York
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!