Company: New Wave People
Posted on: March 20, 2023
Mon - Fri 9a - 5p
unpaid lunch break
Overtime not required
NO work required on a NYS Holiday
1) Interacts with the public and Division staff, responding to general oral and written inquiries regarding the Division, the complaint process, the rights and responsibilities of parties and witnesses, and specific complaints brought under the Human Rights Law. Interacts and communicates in a professional and courteous manner, seeking assistance and supervision, where
appropriate. Provides necessary assistance to Agency Program Aides. Maintains knowledge of the Human Rights Law (HRL), other anti-discrimination laws, and current Division policies and procedures.
2) Assists complainants with information and completion of complaint forms. Interacts and communicates in a professional and courteous manner, seeking assistance and supervision, where appropriate. Follows guidelines and accurately enters comprehensible data into case managements systems within the same day if possible, but no longer than three work days.
Conducts interviews in a timely manner.
3) Attempts to assist parties in reaching acceptable resolution of complaints. Interacts and communicates in a professional, fair, impartial and courteous manner, seeking assistance and supervision, where appropriate. Follows procedural guidelines regarding prompt conciliation of complaints and accurately enters comprehensible data regarding conciliation attempts into
case management systems within the say day, if possible, but no longer than two days. Maintains knowledge of best mediation and negotiating practices, when management provides training for those skills.
4) Conducts investigations by organizing documents, developing the investigation, speaking with parties and witnesses, documenting and tracking case events, and generating forms, recommendations and reports. Promptly reviews complaints upon assignment. Accurately identifies lack of jurisdiction, dually filed cases and any deficiencies and immediately initiates
dismissals, follow-up or corrective measures, as appropriate. Develops strategies and tactics, with supervisory approval, and accurately applies knowledge of Human Rights Law and other anti-discrimination laws relevant to investigation. Appropriately and accurately assesses witnesses' ability to offer relevant information. Addresses all allegations of discrimination. Gathers
appropriate data. Completes objective, precise and concise reports within three business days of interviews that ultimately support the recommended determination. Accurately enters pertinent and comprehensible data into case management systems within three days of receipt. Follows Division format and policy for assembling data. As current office demands require, complete a minimum of 108-120 cases to be averaged over the course of a year, taking into consideration both short and long range program objectives and the requirements of the Human Rights
Law, and other applicable anti - discrimination laws.
5) At the direction or approval of the Regional Director, performs outreach related duties that foster positive community relationships. Interacts and communicates in a professional and courteous manner. Gives accurate information and referrals. To the extent possible and practicable, develops presentation and public speaking skills to provide technical assistance, such
as training and presentations relevant to the HRL to community groups, educational institutions, businesses and other organizations. Cultivates positive relationships that benefit the agency.
Keywords: New Wave People, New York , Paralegal, Legal , Brooklyn, New York
here to apply!