Location: New York
Posted on: September 19, 2023
This Jobot Job is hosted by: Stefanie JoyAre you a fit? Easy
Apply now by clicking the "Apply" button and sending us your
resume.Salary: $80,000 - $120,000 per yearA bit about us:We are a
small and dynamic office with a professional and empathetic
demeanor seeking an Associate with the ability to establish rapport
and trust with diverse clients. This will be a very 1:1 position
working with a powerhouse female partner. Opportunity to work
remote!Why join us?We offer a competitive salary and benefits
package, along with opportunities for professional growth and
development. Join our dynamic team of immigration attorneys and
make a meaningful impact on the lives of individuals and families
navigating the complexities of immigration law.Job DetailsIdeally,
this new hire should bring immigration experience, their Juris
Doctor (J.D.) degree from an accredited law school, active
membership in good standing with the New York State Bar, and
admission to practice law in New York City! You will have the
opportunity to work remotely and be motivated to celebrate success'
together from time to time. The Day-to-Day:
- Proactively manage a diverse caseload of immigration matters,
focusing on handling hearings, litigation, discovery, and extensive
- Prepare and file a wide range of immigration applications,
petitions, and appeals, including but not limited to family-based
petitions, employment-based petitions, asylum applications, and
- Conduct legal research and analysis to develop persuasive legal
arguments and strategies for complex immigration cases.
- Draft and review legal documents, including briefs, motions,
and pleadings, ensuring accuracy, clarity, and adherence to
relevant laws and regulations.
- Represent clients in immigration court hearings, USCIS
interviews, and other administrative proceedings, advocating for
their rights and interests.
- Conduct thorough discovery and investigation processes to
gather relevant evidence and prepare witnesses for testimony.
- Collaborate with senior attorneys and partners to develop case
strategies, provide legal advice, and support the firm's overall
- Stay updated on changes in immigration laws, regulations, and
policies, and ensure compliance with the latest legal
- Maintain accurate and organized case files, track deadlines,
and effectively manage caseload priorities.
- Communicate and correspond with clients, government agencies,
and opposing counsel professionally and effectively.
- Experience with various immigration forms, applications, and
petitions, such as I-130, I-140, I-485, I-589, and
EOIR-42B.Interested in hearing more? Easy Apply now by clicking the
Keywords: Jobot, New York , Associate Attorney, Legal , New York, New York
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!