Real Estate Development Attorney
Location: New York
Posted on: May 24, 2019
REAL ESTATE DEVELOPMENT ATTORNEY - LEGAL COUNSEL
Lendlease, a leading property and construction company, is seeking
a junior real estate attorney for its commercial property
development projects. The successful candidate will have
sophisticated national transactional real estate experience working
with developers, lenders and institutional investors in
transactions involving the development and financing of large
commercial real estate projects, including in joint ventures and
co-investments, complex acquisitions and dispositions of real
estate assets, debt and equity and real estate finance. Excellent
academic background, as well as strong writing, organization and
communication skills is required.
ESSENTIAL JOB FUNCTIONS, DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
The following statements are intended to describe the general
nature and level of work being performed by individuals assigned to
this position. They are not intended to be an exhaustive list of
all duties, responsibilities and skills required of personnel so
* Expertise in drafting and negotiating a broad spectrum of complex
contracts and agreements for large-scale real estate development
projects in multi-family residential, commercial office, mixed use
and other asset classes.
* Experience in structuring, drafting and negotiating joint venture
and partnership agreements, purchase and sale agreements and
leases, mezzanine loan and preferred equity agreements, real estate
mortgage financing, letters of intent, confidentiality and
consulting agreements, and related contracts.
* Review and interpret contracts related to the operation and
management of the Company s various development projects, and
provide legal advice including administration of contracts in
accordance with Company policies and legal requirements.
* Provide legal counsel to management on matters such as business
strategic planning, claims and disputes, contracts with suppliers,
licenses, and protecting intellectual property, related to the
acquisition and development of real property assets.
* Provide legal counsel in the preparation of bids and
* Provide legal services related to the dissolution and wind-up of
discontinued businesses, joint ventures or completed projects.
* Review and interpret the requirements of governmental agencies,
laws, statutes, rules, regulations and court decisions; advise on
new legislative and regulatory requirements and recommend changes
to policies and processes, as appropriate.
* Identify, monitor and assist in managing risks to the Company,
including maintaining close contact with industry organizations to
become aware of and understand inherent emerging risks that could
affect the Company s operations.
GENERAL BACKGROUND AND MINIMUM REQUIREMENTS
* Must be a graduate of an accredited law school and admitted to a
* Minimum of 3+ years relevant legal experience, including
demonstrated knowledge and experience in large-scale commercial and
residential property development projects, acquisitions and
dispositions, commercial financing, joint ventures, partnerships,
and infrastructure development.
* Demonstrated ability to manage large scale real estate
transactions and closings.
* Strong planning, organizational and management skills and the
ability to meet deadlines.
* Strong business acumen and the ability to make practical
evaluations of risk.
* Strong negotiation and people/social skills.
* Excellent client relations, written and verbal communication, and
* Ability to perform with an elevated level of discretion,
professionalism, and integrity.
LENDLEASE IS AN EQUAL OPPORTUNITY, AFFIRMATIVE ACTION EMPLOYER.All
qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment
without regard to their protected veteran status and will not be
discriminated against on the basis of disability.VEVRRA Federal
Keywords: Lendlease, New York , Real Estate Development Attorney, Legal , New York, New York
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!