Product Designer, Perks & Wellness
Company: Oscar Health
Location: New York
Posted on: December 5, 2019
Hi, we're Oscar. We're hiring a Product Designer for Perks and
Wellness to join our Product Design team in our New York City
Oscar is a technology-driven, consumer-focused health insurance
startup founded in 2012 and headquartered in New York City. Our
goal is to make health insurance simple, transparent, and human. We
need your help to do so.
About this role:
As a Product Designer, you'll work with product managers,
engineers, and other product designers to bring much-needed clarity
to helping people understand health care. We're a collaborative
group, guided by an iterative user-centered design process. That
means the lines between disciplines become blurred and the impact
you can have is huge.
- Lead collaborative sessions with your team to discover
- Collaborate with other product designers to give and get
feedback on work.
- Contribute to the Oscar mobile and web design system.
- Help onboard members, promoting digital engagement through the
mobile app or our website.
- Design an experience that helps educate members to better
understand and use features to provide the best care
- Report to the Director of Product Design in our NYC office.
- You are a designer with 2+ years of experience in the digital
product space including typography and composition
- You have a fundamental understanding of front-end
- You create simple user experiences from otherwise complex
- You have experience collaborating with product managers and
engineers on product briefs, scoping projects, roadmapping, QA, and
facilitating progress at all stages of a project
- You use iterative design methodologies to gather feedback early
- You have experience using user research, analytics,
experimentation, and strategy to validate design decisions
- You have experience working in-house on an integrated product,
engineering, and design team
- You have experience working within mobile and responsive
- You are excited to contribute and take ownership of an
Life at Oscar
Our more than 1,000 employees aim to make health care affordable
and accessible for all. We apply this same vision to our perks and
benefits, including: medical benefits, unlimited paid-time off,
paid parental leave, retirement plans, company social events,
stocked kitchens, wellness programs, and volunteer
At Oscar, being an Equal Opportunity Employer means more than
upholding discrimination-free hiring practices. It means that we
cultivate an environment where people can be their most authentic
selves and find both belonging and support. We're on a mission to
change health care -- an experience made whole by your unique
background and perspectives.
Oscar applicants are considered solely based on their
qualifications, without regard to applicant's disability or need
for accommodation. Any Oscar applicant who requires reasonable
accommodations during the application process should contact the
Oscar Benefits Team (email@example.com) to make the need
for an accommodation known.
Pay Transparency Policy
Oscar ensures that you won't be discharged or discriminated against
based on whether you've inquired about, discussed, or disclosed
your pay. Read the full policy here.
Keywords: Oscar Health, New York , Product Designer, Perks & Wellness, Other , New York, New York
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!