Energy & Sustainability Strategic Advisor
Company: ENGIE Impact
Location: New York
Posted on: January 16, 2020
ENGIE IMPACT IS ACCELERATING SUSTAINABILITY TRANSFORMATION FOR
CORPORATIONS, CITIES AND GOVERNMENTS AROUND THE WORLD.
As our clients key point of contact for ENGIEs energy and
sustainability management services, the Energy & Sustainability
Strategic Advisor will combine energy efficiency and sustainability
knowledge with strong client focus to engage client executives and
other leaders, develop customized strategic plans, and generate the
delivery of a comprehensive solution to energy and sustainability
The Energy & Sustainability Strategic Advisor plays two primary
roles one focused on delivering services, and the other focused on
supporting sales efforts. For the delivery related work the
Strategic Advisor acts as an extension of the client(s) in-house
team(s) to lead a strategic planning process to help drive their
energy management program towards a best practice approach in
collaboration with the Client. For clients moving from the planning
to the implementation phase, the Strategic Advisor plays an ongoing
consultative role ensuring all the program components are serving
the changing client needs, maintaining relationships with the
clients executive group, and providing strategic advice for program
evolution. The position is also directly responsible for ensuring
on-time delivery of a high quality, error free product being
produced by ENGIE team.
Lead quality & on-time delivery of ENGIEs Advising services to
assigned clients. This position is accountable for working
collaboratively across ENGIE departments to enhance the depth and
breadth of our engagements with clients, and to develop strategic
relationships with clients through effective planning processes and
associated actionable deliverables.
* Act as a strategic advisor to ENGIEs clients, working with
leadership and executive teams to implement a facilitated
stakeholder engagement process to develop strategic energy and
sustainabitliy plans customized to our clients processes, systems
* Accountable for delivery of strategic energy and sustainability
program recommendations for client that are in alignment with
ENGIEs relevant SMEs.
* Effectively communicate the value proposition for energy
management and demand side savings, its interaction with
sustainability efforts, and consult on issues ranging from
individual opportunity implementation to building a lasting energy
and sustainability culture within a clients organization.
* Leverage knowledge with ENGIEs portfolio of energy and
sustainability services, ability to demonstrate the value of our
services to clients and prospects, and identification of
opportunities based on client needs and ENGIE capabilities.
* Identify opportunities for upsells to existing Clients, including
responsibility for guiding the scoping of custom engagements.
Responsible for supporting sales opportunities through facilitation
of needs assessment dialogues and development of strategies and
service packages and preparation/delivery of proposals/presentation
of services to clients. Responsible to draft customized scopes of
work, and assist with pricing recommendations. Through these
activities and all interactions with clients, you will position
ENGIE as a thought leader and trusted business partner.
* Accountable for background research on industry/client
regulatory, market, and external stakeholder risks and
* Direct responsibility for ensuring on-time delivery of a high
quality, error free product being produced by yourself and other
ENGIE team members as part of an overall solution.
* Play an ongoing leadership role in guiding the strategic
coordination of energy and sustainability management products and
services as part of a total energy and sustainability solution that
best fits the clients needs.
* Direct management and resolution of client issues related to
* delivery of services to maintain a high level of client
* Coordinate ENGIE subject matter experts across energy, water,
waste, carbon and supply chain to deliver a cohesive and integrated
* Participate in webinars addressing relevant sustainability
* Lead client presentations, meetings and discussions
* Bachelors degree in Environmental Science, Business
Sustainability, engineering or related area. Relevant Masters
* Course work in sustainable business is required, additional
training in change management and /or facilitation a plus.
* Understanding of sustainability protocols, standards, and 3rd
party verification programs required.
* Certified Energy Manager (CEM) preferred
* Prior technical sales experience preferred
* Over 7 years of experience in energy and sustainability,
preferably providing strategic consulting regarding the management
of energy, water, waste, carbon and supply chain issues.
* Experience in a consulting environment managing and delivering
value added services is required
* Experienced in the application and interpretation of advanced
financial and strategic planning techniques as well as competitive
* Experienced in energy and water conservation and efficiency
strategies as they relate to commercial and industrial markets.
* Minimum five years of successful experience leading
cross-functional teams Familiarlity with consultative sales
* Working knowledge of energy efficiency and building systems
including HVAC and lighting
* Understanding of the basic structures of electric, gas and water
* Experienced in the carbon market and associated inventory
protocols, offset project protocols, renewable energy credits, and
* Strong understanding of waste diversion and reduction
* Strong understanding of supply chain management issues.Must
demonstrate passion, drive and commitment to overcome challenges
and achieve excellent results.
* Possess a high energy level, strong work ethic, and passion for
ENGIEs mission, vision and values.
* Strong client engagement skills, including the ability to
identify penetrating questions and respectfully challenge client
assumptions and ideas to provide improved outcomes
* Ability to conduct emotionally intelligent conversations with
client executives and demonstrate agility in such circumstances
* Ability to synthesize qualitative/quantitative data, handle
ambiguity, recognize patterns and identify non-prescriptive
* Ability to communicate effectively through written and oral
* Ability to manage projects and peer project teams within matrixed
* Balance competing priorities while maintaining a high level of
integrity and accuracy
* Highly proficient in MS Word, MS Excel, MS PowerPoint and MS
ENGIE IMPACT INFORMATION
ENGIE Impact delivers sustainability consulting and services to
clients across the globe. Comprised of existing ENGIE Group
portfolio business that are leaders within their respective
markets, ENGIE Impact brings together a wide range of strategic and
technical capabilities to create a more effective, comprehensive
offering for our clients so we can take on their toughest
sustainability challenges and they can see real results.
ENGIE Impacts people are our greatest strength, bound by our vision
to enable a sustainable world where people, organizations and the
Qualified applicants are considered for employment, and employees
are treated during employment without regard to race, color,
religion, sex, sexual orientation, national origin, age,
disability, veteran status, gender identity, or expression, genetic
information or any other legally protected status.
Keywords: ENGIE Impact, New York , Energy & Sustainability Strategic Advisor, Other , New York, New York
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!