Product Designer- Toys & Accessories, Skip Hop
Location: New York
Posted on: January 16, 2020
Product Designer- Toys & Accessories, Skip HopNew York, NYDate
Updated: November 05, 2019Job Level: Mid Career (2+ years)Job Type:
Full-Time/RegularYears of Experience: 2+Travel: Not SpecifiedLevel
of Education: BA/BSPosition ID: 85329-296912Job
DescriptionCarter's, Inc. is the largest branded marketer in North
America of apparel exclusively for babies and young children. The
Company owns the Carter's and OshKosh B'gosh brands, two of the
most recognized brands in the marketplace. These brands are sold in
leading department stores, national chains, and specialty retailers
domestically and internationally. They are also sold through more
than 1,000 Company-operated stores in the United States, Canada,
and Mexico and online at www.carters.com , www.oshkosh.com , and
www.cartersoshkosh.ca . The Company's Just One You and Genuine Kids
brands are available at Target, its Child of Mine brand is
available at Walmart, and its Simple Joys brand is available on
Amazon. The Company also owns Skip Hop , a global lifestyle brand
for families with young children. Carter's is headquartered in
Atlanta, Georgia. Additional information may be found at
www.carters.com .Parenting can be tough, but at Skip Hop, we
believe it can be easier when you have highly functional products
on hand. Our team brings modern design to life, creating innovative
essentials for moms, dads and infants all over the world. The brand
is a favorite of parents worldwide, sought after for its
best-in-class products that feature iconic designs with an emphasis
on function, high quality and authenticity. We're big enough to be
a major player and trend-setter in the marketplace, but small
enough for everyone to have serious impact on our business.
- Conducts research and creates sketches for outstanding
solutions for a variety of simple to complex problems with
- Specifying new products and creating manufacture-ready 3D CAD
- Collaborates with product designers to find compelling
- Works with overseas office and factories to optimize tooling
and identify key cost savings.
- Works on product categories including, but not limited to:
Accessories, toys, feeding, etc.
- Communicates effectively with factories and/or model-makers to
develop innovative products.
- Assists with other projects as assigned.Experience and Skills
- SolidWorks skills required; Other CAD software packages are
- Excellent sketching skills required.
- Proficiency in Adobe CS.
- Clean, modern aesthetic and attention to detail.
- Must be available for international travel 2-3 times per
- Ability to work autonomously and as part of a team.
- 4-year degree in Industrial Design required.
- 2+ years of full-time design experience; Toy and childrens
product background preferred.
- Experience designing for injection-molding and general
- Experience working with factories based in Asia
preferred.Carters is committed to creating a diverse environment
and is proud to be an equal opportunity employer. All qualified
applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard
to race, color, religion, gender, gender identity, sexual
orientation, national origin, genetics, disability, age, veteran
status, or any other status protected by federal, state, or local
law.Visit https://carters.submit4jobs.com/ today
Keywords: Carters/OshKosh, New York , Product Designer- Toys & Accessories, Skip Hop, Other , New York, New York
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!