Entry Level - project controls specialist
Company: Mott MacDonald
Posted on: January 17, 2020
Our Environmental and Infrastructure Division is looking for an
enthusiastic, forward-thinking project controls specialist to
assist in supporting our engineering projects. The project controls
specialist will be responsible for applying our existing project
management principles to help keep our work on track from the very
beginning, managing project logistics, scheduling meetings and
maintaining spreadsheets. The role will include assisting with
proposals, compliance with internal policies, maintaining
communication with internal and external clients, and assisting in
reviewing budgets and forecasts. In short, the role is a critical
component that makes us a highly functioning team.
* Provides administration support for project and office
activities. Exercises independent judgment with some
* Demonstrates knowledge of grammar, punctuation and business
writing style for proofreading
* Detail oriented and highly organized.
* Create project accounts in the accounting system.
* Maintain project-related records.
* Identify and prepare entries for the transfer of expenses into
and out of project-related accounts.
* Work well under deadline situations.
* Word processing and/or spreadsheet support for general
correspondence, cost control sheets and various reports.
* Assists with financial controls at project levels.
* Assist in production of documents (binding, duplication,
* Experience with Adobe and MS Office (Excel/Word/PowerPoint)
We welcome applications from candidates with:
* Associates or Bachelor s Degree in Business or Accounting or
* 1-3 years of experience in project accounting, financial
controls, production of documents, and general office skills.
* Must have excellent communication, writing and presentation
* Previous experience in construction/engineering industry
* Proficient in MS Office (Excel, Word, PowerPoint)
* Must have a valid driver s license.
Mott MacDonald is a $2bn engineering, management and development
consultancy. We re one of the largest and most diverse firms of our
kind in the world with over 16,000 staff working out of 180
principal offices, delivering projects in 150 countries.
Our global business is multisector, spanning buildings,
communications, defense, education, environment, health,
international development, industry, mining, oil and gas, power,
transport, urban development, water and wastewater.
Equal employment opportunity is the law. English version, Spanish
version, Chinese version.
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment
without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age,
protected veteran status, creed, marital status, sexual
orientation, citizenship status or disability status.
Keywords: Mott MacDonald, New York , Entry Level - project controls specialist, Other , Iselin, New York
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!