Company: Michael Page
Location: New York
Posted on: January 17, 2020
Job DescriptionThe C&I Underwriter will be responsible for:
- Support the new business and origination functions of the
Corporate and Industrial (C&I) lending teams by pre-screening
transactions for general fit with BHI profile and request
additional information to assess the credit profile. Utilize
analytical programs and industry expertise in this function.
- Pre-screen and commence the underwriting process by determining
the necessary financial information requirements to be obtained
from prospects/borrowers and 3rd parties, including but not limited
to market information, borrowing entity and structure, personal and
corporate financial statements, borrowing bases, accounts
receivable agings, as well as other due diligence items (i. e.
Lien, Credit, UCC, OFAC, etc). Ability to analyze and prepare
stress test scenarios. Prepare Credit Application (CAP).
- Primary responsible for taking action to ensure the timely and
accurate completion of underwriting of new prospects, amendments to
the approved CAP, annual renewals/reviews, and increases.
- Prepare financial spreads in Moody's Risk Calc. and
evaluate/assign proper borrower and facility risk ratings by
completing all required risk rating models and analysis.
- Perform borrower financial analysis through review of provided
financial information to determine borrower financial/operating
condition and develop cash flow analysis. Specific focus on
collateral analysis, projected financial results, excess
availability analysis and variance reports on credits with
borrowing base and asset coverage structures.
- Ability to analyze cash flow (unsecured) credit structures
including Highly Leveraged Transactions (HLTs) utilizing Discounted
Cash Flow (DCF), Enterprise Valuation (EV), etc.
- Perform guarantor financial analysis through review of personal
financial information including personal financial statements, tax
returns, real estate owned schedules, and liquidity statements to
determine financial strength of the guarantor.
- Review and analyze all 3rd party reports and include findings
in the analysis of financial condition of the borrower or
- Work with the lending team to identify and mitigate risks, and
assist with structuring credit requests (i.e. financial covenants,
term, guarantors, etc.) keeping the interests of both customer and
bank in mind. Protect the Bank by providing unbiased and objective
view of the prospective borrower.
- Develop financial models to best analyze transactions, stress
scenarios, and projections
- Primary responsible and accountable to review 3rd party
reports, address issues and challenge findings with vendors when
appropriate, encourage 3rd parties to deliver on time.
- Maintain current knowledge of changes in regulatory environment
and leading industry practices by monitoring news and other
industry sources of information
- Attend Credit Committee meetings for presentation of CAP, as
The Successful Applicant
The ideal C&I Underwriter will have:
- Advanced credit and financial analysis skills
- Comprehension of complex transactions, loan documentation and
- Strong credit and cash flow analysis skills with complex,
structured transactions, due diligence proficiency and detail
- Strong understanding of KYC and compliance policies
- Strong written and verbal communication skills
- Strong ability to exercise independent action and moderate
decision making with properly documented risk mitigation
- Task oriented with attention to detail and ability to meet time
- A minimum of 8 years' experience underwriting of corporate
credits with simple and complex structures
- Strong understanding of complex C&I loan products and
structures including syndicated and highly leveraged transactions
(involving LBOs, DCF, EV, etc.)
- Moody's RiskCalc and/or RiskOrigins, experience desired.
- Completion of formal credit analysis training, desirable
- Bachelor's Degree in Finance/Accounting Economics. MBA
What's on Offer
The C&I Underwriter will receive a competitive annual base
salary in New York, NY.
Keywords: Michael Page, New York , C&I Underwriter, Other , New York, New York
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!