Sterile Processing Educator
Company: SpecialtyCare Inc
Posted on: January 17, 2020
Location: Brooklyn, New York, United StatesCategory: Sterile
ProcessingReq_ID: 190000NRPosted Date: Oct 22, 2019Passionate,
driven people dedicated to making a difference in healthcare.
SpecialtyCare sterile processing teams play a vital role in the
health and wellbeing of our patients. By tracking and sterilizing
vital surgical instruments, we reduce the risk of infection, lost
instruments, incomplete trays, and surgeon frustration. Our
Educators work in conjunction with the management team to ensure
proper training for the sterile processing team. Our certified
technicians provide the expertise, quality control, and strict
regulatory compliance to keep the operating room running smoothly.
Our SPM supervisors and managers are also instrumental in
overseeing operations, conducting inservice training, and working
with hospital administrators and staff to find and implement
efficiencies that provide ontime service delivery, reduce costs,
and ensure patient safety.
As the Sterile Processing Educator you are responsible for
education and quality assessments of the hospital's Sterile
Processing Program according to IAHCSMM, CSBSPD and AAMI
guidelines. You will work with the Supervisors and Managers to
maintain consistent high standards in the training and education
process of Sterile Processing Technicians to assure that the
department will meet or exceed Joint Commissions/HFAP
Essential Duties and Responsibilities
- Assures that the standards of operation of the department
comply with the standards set by regulatory agencies, such as the
state Department of Health, Joint Commission and others.
- Provides a comprehensive departmental orientation to all new
personnel and required training to all staff on an ongoing
- Develops and implements departmental performance improvement
activities and assures ongoing staff participation.
- Maintains continued education in the field of Central Sterile
Processing operations and equipment through education, literature
and seminars. Provides instructions and inservice in new products,
procedures and equipment in a manner that will identify and prevent
resource loss and maintain safety.
- Participates as an active member of hospital committees as
- Provides training and education to staff to prepare them for
the national certification examinations.
- Provides instructions and inservice in new products, procedures
and equipment in a manner that will identify and prevent resource
loss and maintain safety.
- Associate's Degree or equivalent, preferred.
- Three years of experience as an Educator or equivalent sterile
processing management experience.
- CRCST certification or CBSPDS certification required.
- Must have the ability to teach and have demonstrated ability in
written and oral communications and interpersonal skills.
The Successful Candidate
The successful candidate must bring a high level of ethical,
intellectual, professional and personal values that complement the
team and company vision. The following competencies are highly
- Strong relationship builder with exceptional interpersonal
skills that can influence perceptions, decisions and actions of
others through effective communications both within the
organization and externally.
- Proven selfstarter who works well both independently and in a
- High energy, selfmotivated individual whose style is effective
in working with all levels of the organization to drive performance
and continuous improvement using an analytical and metrics based
- Ability to effectively review and synthesize medical literature
for the purpose of writing clinical procedure guidelines, clinical
policies and peer review scientific publications.
- Works well in a fastpaced environment and with a sense of
- Lives the SpecialtyCare Values Integrity, Respect, Teamwork,
Sense of Urgency, Continuous Improvement, and Accountability.
SpecialtyCare is committed to supporting professional growth for
our associates. Each associate is allocated funds for continuing
education, membership fees, and dues for professional associations.
We also provide tuition reimbursement or tuition repayment
assistance. We provide a full benefits package including a matching
401K and generous PTO plan. We also cover the cost of maintaining
SpecialtyCare is an Equal Opportunity and Affirmative Action
Employment with SpecialtyCare is atwill
Keywords: SpecialtyCare Inc, New York , Sterile Processing Educator, Other , Brooklyn, New York
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!