FPI Inspector - NDT
Company: Aerojet Rocketdyne
Posted on: January 17, 2020
OverviewARDE, an Aerojet Rocketdyne Company, designs and
manufactures pressure vessels (tanks) for aerospace
We are looking for an NDT Inspector in our Carlstadt, NJ facility.
The NDT Inspector is responsible for non-destructive evaluation of
welded and formed precision aerospace parts using fluorescent
penetrant method per applicable company and customer
specifications. In this role, you will be working from complex and
detailed blueprints and/or verbal and written instructions with
minimal supervision.Essential Job Functions (Including % of Time
for Each)100% - Performs fluorescent penetrant inspection to
prescribed specifications in a manner consistent with the company's
quality and productivity standards.
- Prepares, cleans and dries parts per work
- Interprets and evaluates indications. Tags any non-conforming
parts with re-work labels.
- Prepares test reports to document findings as needed.
- Sets up and calibrate equipment as appropriate.
- Completes tasks per manufacturing schedules and within standard
- Demonstrate a positive attitude, along with a willingness to do
what needs to be done (without taking shortcuts), to move to other
lines and departments to fill company needs and to learn and
improve own skills.
- Follows all safety guidelines and wears all designated Personal
- Performs all other tasks and duties as assigned by Supervisor
or any other member of the leadership team.
- Carry out all objectives in a safe and appropriate manner at
all times while maintaining an acceptable level of quality and
RequirementsHigh School diploma (or equivalent) preferred, as well
as prior experience in a manufacturing environment.
U.S. Citizenship required. Must also be able to satisfy federal
government requirements for access to government information and
having dual citizenship may preclude you from being able to meet
- Must be able to work from complex and detailed blueprints
and/or verbal and written instructions with minimal
- Demonstrates a strong customer focus along with a great work
- Demonstrated knowledge of basic math, including working with
decimals and strong mechanical aptitude.
- Must complete, pass, and maintain FPI Level 2
- Current or prior Level II NAS410 certification
- Must be able to work weekday and weekend overtime as needed to
- Able to perform detailed work with a strong attention to detail
- Demonstrate reliability and good attendance.
- Demonstrate ability to work and communicate with co-workers and
- Should be creative and be able to brainstorm and implement
- Experience in radiographic inspection is a plus.
- Aerospace industry experience preferred.
Work Environment/Physical Requirements:
The work environment may require a varied amount of walking,
standing, sitting, climbing (i.e. ladders, stair, scaffolding,
ramps), balance (maintaining body equilibrium to prevent falling
when walking, standing, or crouching on narrow, slippery, or
erratically moving surfaces), bending, reaching, handling/fingering
(seizing, holding, grasping, turning picking, pinching), stooping,
kneeling, crouching and ability to lift/carry/push/pull up to 25
pounds. While performing the duties of this job, employees may work
around variable noise levels or with fume or airborne particles,
hazardous chemicals, etc. requiring the use of personal protective
equipment such as face protection (safety glasses, goggles, face
shield), foot protection (i.e. steel toed shoes, rubber boots,
etc.), gloves, hard hat, shop coat and hearing protection. Work
requires the ability to change into or out of personal protective
equipment when entering or exiting manufacturing, laboratory, or
other areas. Work duties may also be required to work in a standard
office setting and to use standard office equipment, including a
Keywords: Aerojet Rocketdyne, New York , FPI Inspector - NDT, Other , Carlstadt, New York
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!