Company: Epiq Systems Inc
Location: New York
Posted on: February 16, 2020
It's fun to work at a company where people truly believe in what
The role of the Records Specialist is to assist and support the
physical and electronic records management operations under the
guidance of the Regional Records and Information Governance
Manager, which includes creating and maintaining files in
accordance with Firm policies and records management processes.
Duties include, but are not limited to: imaging documents and
storing them within the firm's document management system, creating
physical records in accordance with firm policy, and performing
quality assurance checks to ensure others' electronic and physical
records are created properly in accordance with firm policy.Provide
maintenance of data, records, and files necessary to provide
servicing to the assigned client team or department. This position
will perform duties as a specialist relating to the implementation,
and management of all aspects of document control and records
management throughout the information lifecycle for physical or
- Responsible for the day-to-day operations of the Records
- Participate with other records and information staff in
overseeing effective maintenance of records management systems
including Interwoven File Creation, RFID File Tagging and
Programming, File Retrieval, and Re-Shelving.
- Database Management and Maintenance to ensure records are
accurately documented and stored.
- Troubleshooting to identify potential problems or to recommend
better processes or methods to accomplish work in the specified
timelines provided by the client.
- Assure adherence to corporate policies and strategies using the
current records management systems.
- Ensures compliance with business protocol, regulatory and best
records management practices requirements.
- Maintain ongoing communications with all departments regarding
maintenance, creation, revising, reviewing, and retrieval and
archiving of records.
- Generate record management reports.
- Assist with orientating and training others on the appropriate
records management processes and procedures as required by the
- Perform photocopying, faxing, scanning, and other duties as
- Be personable, articulate, knowledgeable and professional in
presenting oneself in a professional setting
- Attention to detail
- Ability to function with a high level of patience, tact and
diplomacy in handling any "complaint situations"
- Excellent communication (verbal and written) and organizational
- Detail oriented and exceptionally attentive to accuracy.
- Ability to learn skills quickly.
- Ability to manage multiple tasks.
- Customer service and enthusiasm.
- Ability to lift up to 30 lbs on a consistent basis.
- Ability to routinely stand, bend and stretch
- High School Diploma or equivalent (4 years of college
- Possess a minimum of 2 years' experience in a professional
office environment working in a file or records clerk
- Reading, writing, and arithmetic skills required
- Previous experience in a client service oriented field
- Willingness and ability to learn new skills
Results Driven - Sets stretch goals for personal and team
accomplishment and works tenaciously to achieve those goals; acts
with a sense of urgency; takes the initiative on actions;
identifies what needs to be done and takes action before being
asked; does more than what is normally required in a situation;
establishes metrics to monitor progress and measure success;
maintains focus by avoiding or overcoming roadblocks.
Client Focus- Takes action with the clients, both internal and
external, and sees their needs as a primary focus; builds a
sustaining collaborative and productive relationship with clients;
seeks to understand client situations, issues, expectations, etc.;
takes appropriate action to meet client needs and address concerns;
implements or utilizes methods to monitor and evaluate client
Building Effective Relationships - Identifies opportunities to
build strategic relationships with individuals in other areas of
the business in an effort to achieve business goals; develops the
partnership through information exchange, clarification of
partnership benefits and definition of partnership scope and
expectations; recognizes the business concerns and perspective of
others; shares information and own expertise with others to enable
them to accomplish group goals
Integrity- Behaves in an honest, fair and ethical manner; shows
consistency in words and actions; does what she/he commits to
doing; respects the confidentiality of information or concerns
shared by others; is honest and forthright with people; carries
his/her fair share of the workload; takes responsibility for own
If you like wild growth and working with happy, enthusiastic
over-achievers, you'll enjoy your career with us!
It is Epiq's policy to comply with all applicable equal employment
opportunity laws by making all employment decisions without
unlawful regard or consideration of any individual's race,
religion, ethnicity, color, sex, sexual orientation, gender
identity or expressions, transgender status, sexual and other
reproductive health decisions, marital status, age, national
origin, genetic information, ancestry, citizenship, physical or
mental disability, veteran or family status or any other basis
protected by applicable national, federal, state, provincial or
local law. Epiq's policy prohibits unlawful discrimination based on
any of these impermissible bases, as well as any bases or grounds
protected by applicable law in each jurisdiction. In addition Epiq
will take affirmative action for minorities, women, covered
veterans and individuals with disabilities. If you need assistance
or an accommodation during the application process because of a
disability, it is available upon request. Epiq is pleased to
provide such assistance and no applicant will be penalized as a
result of such a request. Pursuant to relevant law, where
applicable, Epiq will consider for employment qualified applicants
with arrest and conviction records.
Keywords: Epiq Systems Inc, New York , Records Specialist, Other , New York, New York
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!