Company: The Nature Conservancy
Location: New York
Posted on: July 1, 2020
New York City, New York, USA
A LITTLE ABOUT US
Founded in 1951, the Nature Conservancy is a global conservation
organization dedicated to conserving the lands and waters on which
all life depends. Guided by science, we create innovative,
on-the-ground solutions to our world's toughest challenges so that
nature and people can thrive together. We are tackling climate
change, conserving lands, waters and oceans at unprecedented scale,
providing food and water sustainably and helping make cities more
sustainable. One of our core values is our commitment to diversity.
Therefore, we strive for a globally diverse and culturally
competent workforce. Working in 79 countries, including all 50
United States, we use a collaborative approach that engages local
communities, governments, the private sector, and other partners.
To learn more, visit www.nature.org or follow @nature_press on
The Nature Conservancy offers competitive compensation, 401k or
savings-plan matching for eligible employees, excellent benefits,
flexible work policies and a collaborative work environment. We
also provide professional development opportunities and promote
from within. As a result, you will find a culture that supports and
inspires conservation achievement and personal development, both
within the workplace and beyond.
YOUR POSITION WITH TNC
The Development Coordinator works on a variety of fundraising
activities in support of approved tactics and provides
administrative and/or program support for a busy and
high-performing Development team in NY. The Development Coordinator
will report to the Deputy Director for Individual Giving.
The Development Coordinator may be responsible various activities,
including drafting correspondence, assisting donors with asset
transfer, planning logistics of meetings, and assisting with the
planning and execution of special events for prospects and donors.
They may provide program information to prospects and donors,
assist with writing development publications and proposals, and
donor research. The Coordinator will use the fundraising management
system (BBCRM) to produce reports, perform analysis and research,
and track prospects and donors. They will apply established
processes and practices in order to improve effectiveness. The
Coordinator may have substantial contact with staff, donors, legal
and financial professionals. They will provide other staff with
information they need to make decisions and solve problems. They
will perform administrative functions as required.
RESPONSIBILITIES AND SCOPE
- Does not supervise any staff, but may supervise volunteers,
interns, or temporary staff.
- Duties are performed under general supervision and established
- Financial responsibility may include working within a budget,
purchasing, processing invoices, contracting with vendors, and
assisting with budget tracking.
- Refers difficult questions and unusual problems to
- Serve as a team member for assigned projects.
- Work environment involves only infrequent exposure to
disagreeable elements and minor physical exertion and/or
- Work overtime as needed.
- Bachelor's degree and 1-year experience or equivalent
- Experience in business writing, editing, and proofreading.
- Experience managing diverse activities to meet deadlines.
- Experience working and communicating with a wide range of
- Experience working with databases and with social media
- Multi-lingual skills and multi-cultural or cross-cultural
- Ability to analyze information for the purpose of preparing
reports, coordinating efforts and solving problems.
- Ability to apply research skills.
- Ability to write and edit written materials for use with donor
solicitations, member communications, and special events.
- Experience, coursework, or other training in fundraising
principles & practices.
- Experience working with databases, including managing and
- Strong organizational skills and attention to detail.
HOW TO APPLY
To apply to position number 48787, submit resume (required) and
cover letter separately using the upload buttons. All applications
must be submitted in the system prior to 11:59 p.m. Eastern Time on
July 17, 2020.
Keywords: The Nature Conservancy, New York , Development Coordinator, Other , New York, New York
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!