Company: Mark Anthony Brewing
Posted on: October 19, 2020
Responsible for the active management of the Brewing Operators to
ensure daily completion of tasks integral to the operation and
overall performance of the Hillside Brewery. The Lead Brewer will
be cross trained in all areas and will be qualified to complete all
tasks in the brewing, blending, kitting, sanitation, quality and
maintenance areas. Responsible for monitoring the overall process
and should be a valued resource for the Brewing Operators to assist
troubleshooting in order to ensure unforeseen process events are
being addressed with a sense of urgency. The Lead Brewer will make
certain that Safety and Quality are at the forefront of all
activities for both them and their team. This role will work
closely with the Assistant GM and the Brewing Operators to ensure
daily and weekly tasks are being completed on-time and according to
standard operating procedures. This position will be a front line
leadership position in the brewery.
- Lead and drive all Plant and Safety policies and procedures
within the Brewery, including wearing Personal Protective Equipment
(PPE) as well as adhering to Good Manufacturing Practices
- Complete daily and weekly tasks using Standard Operating
Procedures (SOP's) to ensure quality and reproducibility of
- Ensure continuous operation of process equipment through active
operator management, process monitoring and troubleshooting.
- Problem solving with non-traditional thinking, critical
thinking, and efficient decision making to ensure that all
measurable are met.
- Actively mentor and coach brewing operators and ensure focus of
the team is on safety, quality, efficiency, and continuous
- Effectively communicate job knowledge and process changes to
the operations team members and management through various forms of
daily communication (shift handover meeting, daily production
meetings, email, action logs, work orders, etc.).
- Audit operator performance to ensure quality inspection of
product are being completed per the SOP's
- Audit documentation to ensure it is completed which certifies
completion of inventory checks, quality inspections, sanitation
requirements, batch and blending production following SOP's, and
basic maintenance tasks.
- Drive preventative and routine maintenance program including
operator check and lubrication of machinery and equipment.
- Ensure safety, mechanical, and electrical issues reported by
the operators are being dealt with in a timely manner.
- Fill-in for Brewing Operators during vacations or other such
absences when needed.
- Maximize all use of resources
- Perform other various job duties as needed
Role will be required to complete annual JSA, GMP, and HAACP
training as well as ensure the Brewing Operators are completing
their training annually. Will also manage the training and
development of Brewing Operators over time to ensure that operators
are progressing through the different departments and all team
members are fully proficient in all roles and responsibilities.
Lead Brewer will also complete annual testing on basic quality
machines in order to ensure continued accuracy of results.
Accountable for the ongoing management of Process Indicators (PIs)
within the role domain, and collaboration of cross-functional PI's
and KPIs relating to brewery process performance. Current measures
include but are not limited to:
- Schedule Attainment- Target Production vs Actual
- Continuous Improvement- Liquid Loss, Brewing Loss
- Cost/Inventory Management- Average Raw Material Loss
- Maintenance Plan Execution- Work Order Planned vs Completed,
Qualified candidates will have:
- High school diploma or equivalent.
Associates degree and/or Trade Certification or equivalent
- 2+ years of supervisory or management experience in
- Brewing/Filtration experience a plus
- Forklift experience a plus (certification not required)
- Excellent use of PC skills such as MS office, excel, word, and
ALL CANDIDATES MUST BE AT LEAST 21 YEARS OF AGE
- Strong work ethic and willingness to take on any task.
- Reliable and punctual - must adhere to attendance and
- Ability to work in a fast-paced environment and prioritize work
- Great communication skills and proven ability to lead
- Positive attitude.
- Ability to provide and receive take constructive
- Works well with team.
- Works with sense of urgency
- Fast-paced and constantly changing work environment
- Subject to extreme temperatures
- Shift work including days, evenings, overnight shifts, and
rotating shifts up to 12 hrs.
- Overtime work, as necessary. Including weekends and
- Ability to lift 50+ lbs.
- Ability to stand 8-12 hours per day.
- Ability to climb stairs multiple times per day.
Keywords: Mark Anthony Brewing, New York , Lead Brewer, Other , Hillside, New York
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!