Company: Sunnyside Community Services
Location: New York
Posted on: February 26, 2021
Sunnyside Community Services' Beacon P. S. 343 is seeking an
Outreach Coordinator. P. S. 343 is a core program within our
After-School Service continuum that provides supportive services to
individuals from Kindergarten to adulthood throughout the Sunnyside
community. Make your impact on the community by helping us change
lives.--If you are looking to lend your skills, voice, and
experience to making change, Beacon P. S. 343 provides support to
hundreds of families throughout the Sunnyside community.--The
Outreach Coordinator--will identify community groups, professionals
and agencies throughout the City and disseminate information about
our innovative program.--The Outreach Coordinator will report
directly to the Leadership Team, which is comprised of the Program
Director, Assistant Program Director and Program Coordinator.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities
- Develop and strategize an outreach plan to promote Beacon P.S.
343 and its services.
- Build relationships and visit locations, including
community-based organizations, places of worship, hospitals, health
care offices, doctors' offices, community boards, and other
community locations .
- Explore partnerships and identify cross-promotion opportunities
with Care NYC.
- Identify--appropriate venues for presentations, evening, and
- Tailor--presentations to the targeted audience to provide
- Coordinate with fellow staff to target appropriate community
- Track and document all contacts.
- Research and follow up on events throughout the city, i.e.,
health fairs, resource fairs, conferences, and seminars where Care
NYC staff can table and conduct outreach.
- Create and maintain an Outreach Directory.
- Assist in the design of an Outreach Package.
- Prepare flyers, newsletters, bulletin boards, and other
promotional and informational materials.
- Strategize efforts and assist with campaigns to conduct
outreach via social media outlets and remote/virtual programs.
- Ability to travel throughout the five boroughs and surrounding
areas as necessary.
- Assist in aiding the parents and families of our communities by
providing programming in both English and Spanish.
- Create a positive and welcoming experience for all ages,
grades, and communities.
- Other duties as assigned. Physical Requirements
This role will require bending, sitting, stooping, and standing.
The work of this role will take place in an office setting. Job
- High School diploma a must; some college credits or relevant
- Excellent interpersonal and public speaking communication
- Ability to develop and maintain effective working relationships
with staff, clients, volunteers, and other community/government
- At least two years of marketing in the non-profit sector
- Excellent verbal and written communications skills and computer
- Ability to organize, manage and evaluate multiple activities
- Ability to communicate effectively with other team members,
community agencies, and clients with diverse opinions, values, and
- Ability to provide accurate and timely documentation
- Strong computer skills with experience in Microsoft Word,
Outlook and Excel. Salesforce experience is preferred.
- Ability to work independently and in a team environment.
Salary: Starting at $18.00/hr. Location: Positions available in
Sunnyside PS 343. How to Apply
Send cover letter and resume to DLubin@scsny.org .--Indicate
"Outreach Coordinator - Your Name" in the subject line.-- About
Sunnyside Community Services
Sunnyside Community Services (SCS) is a multi-service,
community-based organization providing a broad range of services to
approximately 16,000 people of each year. Our services include
pre-kindergarten and after-school programs; college prep and career
programs for teens and young adults; supports for immigrants; a
vibrant senior center, dedicated home care services, support and
assistance for family caregivers, and social adult day program for
people with cognitive and physical impairments. Sunnyside Community
Services' strength lies in our--ability to work with people at
every stage in their lives and in their own communities.--We pride
ourselves on an approach that is comprehensive, caring and
community based. Sunnyside Community Services is an Equal
Opportunity Employer/Affirmative Action Employer. Location:--
Sunnyside Community Services October 21, 2020
We enrich lives and strengthen communities through services and
engagement for individuals at all ages, beginning with those most
in need. Sunnyside Community Services
43-31 39th Street
Sunnyside, NY 11104
Keywords: Sunnyside Community Services, New York , Outreach Coordinator, Other , New York, New York
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!