IT Support Specialist - nonprofit
Location: New York
Posted on: April 11, 2021
PLEASE READ: Excellent opportunity to give back working for a
major, national non-profit. Base salary with additional income
automatically contributed into employee's 403b and 401k retirement
accounts (total -10%). Amazing full benefit package including
significant PTO and almost 90% of health insurance paid by
Currently 100% remote with no plans to reopen in 2021. However,
candidates should still be able to make a hybrid commute to lower
Manhattan for the future. So maybe 1-2 days per week on-site in the
future, but could stay remote as well.
MUST BE AUTHORIZED TO WORK WITHOUT SPONSORSHIP.
ABOUT THE INFORMATION TECHNOLOGY DEPARTMENT:The Information
Technology (IT) Department manages and maintains all technology
systems for -500 staff dispersed across 35 offices, responsible
for: ABOUT THE POSITION:Seeking a team-oriented, well-rounded,
proactive individual to join a small Client Services team in
providing amiable and efficient first and second level support to
staff in a variety of technical areas. The Client Services team
maintains the technical support center and handles support and
service requests; manages application accounts; provides all
hardware and software inventory, provisioning, and configuration;
supports meeting room technology and staff needs, and provides
support and troubleshooting for all productivity applications,
email, and file systems. A successful candidate will work with
external and internal resources, ask pertinent questions, perceive
the user's objective, and quickly pinpoint accurate solutions.
Support is conducted using remote control software, phone, email
and in person. Verbal abilities, both spoken and written, are
essential. Ability to work several technical matters at once is
mandatory. RESPONSIBILITIES: This is a customer support position
with an emphasis on guiding users to more effective understanding
and use of productivity and business applications. Primary duties
include customer support, documentation, and technical support,
ticket routing and troubleshooting. The position will also be
- Utilizing the ticketing system to gather and analyze
information about a users' issues and must understand what the user
is trying to accomplish in order determine the best method of
resolution, which may include escalation to other Information
Technology teams or working with outside vendors as needed and
record in details any actions taken, describing the issue and
resolution. Document and report on critical company-wide issues to
- Addressing computer and other user device support with the goal
of keeping users functional and able to perform their duties. The
Technology Support Specialist researches and implements fixes for
new issues and/or escalates to other staff if it is out of their
skill set or ability to solve.
- Creating, updating, and maintaining reference material for all
staff. This includes materials needed for documenting in-house
policies and procedures, productivity applications, in-house
applications and OOB applications and technologies.
- Manage, support, troubleshoot and repair computer hardware
including printers and mobile devices. Configure Macs, PC's, and
mobile devices to work within our infrastructure.
- Keep abreast of technology trends and best practices in
software applications and hardware to propose improvements and
- Night and weekend work will be required, sometimes on short
- Performs additional duties, as required. In addition, the
position will have a high interaction with employees via Microsoft
Teams, requiring having a MS Teams video call at a moment's notice.
- Associate degree from an accredited college or university is
- Minimum 4 years of work-related IT Support experience and
- Expertise in Microsoft products (Windows Server OS, Windows 10,
MS Teams, Office 365 productivity apps, Active Directory, Azure
Active Directory, and Endpoint in hybrid environment).
- Proficiency in using a technical support center ticketing
system (Track-it! Preferred).
- Proficiency in cloud-based technologies (Box, WebEx, MS Teams,
- Solid understanding of business processes.
- Excellent documentation, communication, customer service,
presentation, training, problem solving, and computer skills.
- Must be able to work a flexible schedule including
- Must be able to work on site and/or remotely as needed.
- Excellent understanding of network and computer systems,
including printers, network scanners, peripherals, mobile devices,
and emerging technologies.
- Proven and working experience in providing a wide variety of
technical and user support.
- Knowledge in third party applications such as ArcGIS, DocuSign,
SurveyMonkey, Adobe and others.
- Scripting knowledge using PowerShell.
- Knowledge in Audio/Visual technologies including but not
limited to Crestron devices.
Keywords: Kamis, New York , IT Support Specialist - nonprofit, Other , New York, New York
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!