COO of IT Infrastructure & Security
Location: New York
Posted on: April 10, 2021
RoleThis position reports directly to the Chief Technology
Officer in the U.S. and is located at our 101 Hudson Street
facility in Jersey City, NJ. Responsibilities include overlooking
the finance and expenditures for all IT infrastructure and security
projects, managing Jefferies' global datacenters, supporting the
technology management team globally, project managing major
technology initiatives, and ensuring that global standards are
The individual needs to show a keen interest in technology and have
experience working in a financial services firm. In addition, a
major aspect of this role is to act as the Chief Financial Officer
for the IT department. In this regard, this position works with the
Jefferies Finance department to track actual spend to budget and
review and approve all technology spending. This role requires an
individual with good communication and interpersonal skills that
can establish and maintain an excellent relationship with the
technology and finance teams.
In summary, this position functions as the Chief Administrative
Officer for the Chief Technology Officer.
- In coordination with the finance department, overlook the
finances of Global IT infrastructure and Information Security
including managing the budgets and tracking spending on a per
project basis. On a monthly basis, analyse the IT spend and
reconcile any significant increases or decreases in spending.
- Manage the monthly cost allocation process for all cloud
services including Amazon AWS and Microsoft Azure cloud
- Manage offshore resources responsible for creating and updating
purchase requisitions for Global IT infrastructure and IT
- Manage the Jefferies global datacenters. Jefferies has 16
datacenters and co-location facilities globally. This position is
responsible for managing all aspects of these sites including the
racking and cabling of all equipment, scheduling and implementing
all changes that occur in the datacenter, and managing all
- As COO, this position is sometimes called upon to manage large
projects. An example is the migration of all applications and
equipment from our existing DR datacenter to two new
- Manage the creation and maintenance of Power BI dashboards that
track various aspects of the Jefferies IT infrastructure
environment. For example, dashboards have been created to display
statistics and information related to project status, inventory
counts, incident tickets, HR data, etc.
Required CharacteristicsThe following skills and experience are
required for this role:
- Minimum of 10 years of broad experience managing infrastructure
areas such as datacenters, compute and storage platforms,
virtualization technologies, networking, telecommunications,
information security, desktop technologies (e.g., physical
workstations, VDI platforms, laptops), database technologies.
- 3 -5 years of experience with managing infrastructure projects
especially from a cost perspective.
- 3-5 years of experience working in a financial services
- Project management experience related to delivering projects in
a corporate environment.
- Leadership skills.
- Ability to explain technical risks in a business context.
- Ability to impact operations and effect change without being
- Solid communications skills. Desired Characteristics
- Demonstrated analytical and problem-solving skills; detail
- Ability to effectively interact with a diverse group of IT
staff located in multiple sites, including proven effectiveness
working with global teams.
- Highly self-motivated and capable to work under pressure.
- Extremely organized with strong time-management skills.
- Possesses a customer-oriented mindset.
- Excellent interpersonal and communication skills.
Keywords: Jefferies, New York , COO of IT Infrastructure & Security, Other , New York, New York
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!