HEAD OF PARTNERSHIPS AND BUSINESS DEVELOPMENT
Company: VOW to End Child Marriage
Location: New York
Posted on: April 10, 2021
WHO WE ARE AND WHAT WE'RE LOOKING FOR
Launched in October 2018, VOW to End Child Marriage -- soon to be
reintroduced as VOW for Girls -- is an innovative new social change
initiative that aims to galvanize the public and socially conscious
brands to raise awareness of this critical and solvable issue and
unlock catalytic funding to prevent and end child marriage.
Co-founded by global human rights activist Mabel van Oranje and
Ford Foundation President Darren Walker, VOW seeks to create new
resources to support the 12 million girls' futures a year at risk
of child marriage.
VOW is seeking a Head of Partnerships and Business Development
(reporting directly to the Chief Executive Officer) to spearhead
the creation of game-changing partnerships that will create a new
source of revenue to support girls around the world to own their
futures. Within a few years, we want to see a wide portfolio of
brands supporting VOW and raising millions annually. You'll help us
achieve that vision.
- Builder: You understand how to navigate complex organizations
with various stakeholders, and are bold about reaching out and
establishing new contacts. You are able to motivate individuals at
various levels within an organization to take action and are an
expert in crafting lucrative partnerships, developing nuanced
deals, building relationships with industry leaders, and finding
the right champions within organizations to make partnerships
happen. You will work closely with VOW's CEO and others on outreach
and in developing innovative, creative, customized activation
concepts for brand partners, leading the process from initial pitch
to partnership launch and beyond.
- Innovator: You know how to design strategies for partnership
positioning, demonstrating business value, and identifying
opportunities for shared impact. You can see the long-term vision
for the organization and are able to develop a comprehensive,
innovative and actionable strategic plan for VOW's partnerships
with a focus on generating millions in revenue to support
- Leader: You have an intentional leadership style and you are
able to coach others involved in VOW partnership development while
retaining an eagerness to learn. You are aware of how to manage to
people's strengths, and your goal is to help others become the best
they can be.
- Multi-Tasker: You are efficient and organized and have an
unwavering attention to detail. You can manage a range of
responsibilities at different levels of urgency and importance,
formulate responses and keep progress going on many fronts
- Lead on high-profile prospects while also providing support to
other team members to cultivate and steward other accounts.
- Create and cultivate leads that translate into new partnerships
for VOW with a flexible and adaptable style and a curiosity to
understand business models and identify what motivates and
influences corporate partners.
- Design, build and test partnership packages that align mission
priorities with the evolving business marketplace.
- Lead the strategy and execution for corporate service and
corporate employee engagement activities such as corporate events,
lunch-n-learns, experiential events, and co-creation workshops.
- Manage implementation of partner promotions, creative
collaboration, and overall relationship development. Ensure
compelling communication to all VOW corporate partners, keeping
them updated and invested in the organization's work.
- Develop deal structures, proposals, and presentations to drive
- Negotiate terms of agreement and close, overseeing the
- Plan for future development of the VOW partnerships team,
including operational processes and project management standards,
staffing, professional development, etc.
- Collaborate with the CEO and partners to set and track annual
financial partnership goals.
- Oversee the design, refresh, and customization of sales and
marketing materials for VOW, in collaboration with creative support
ROLE QUALIFICATIONSSuccess in this role means meeting most, if not
all, of the following needs:
- You have extensive experience building innovative and
transformative partnerships at an enterprise level. You have at
least 10+ years of strategic experience managing, building and/or
implementing cross-sector partnerships that raise funds and that
involve multiple stakeholders and levels of decision-makers.
- Successful candidates will not only engage a large portfolio of
new diverse brands in the mission but have steady and repeated
success in securing sustainable, multi-year revenue and marketing
partnerships to accelerate mission impact
- Demonstrated proficiency in independently developing and
executing a prospecting and outreach strategy for new or innovative
- Experience that demonstrates an intuitive understanding of how
large organizations work and an ability to quickly speak the
language of different companies across various sectors and
- You are equally comfortable in both strategy and execution with
a high-quality standard and the ability to manage multiple projects
at a time while paying attention to details.
- You are an active leader at the company-wide level, sharing
latest learnings on industry trends in cause marketing and
nonprofit fundraising to shape VOW's offerings and help the
organization become an industry leader.
- You're an incredible communicator. You have outstanding
interpersonal and relationship management skills and an ability to
maintain strong professional relationships with a wide array of
individuals in person and by writing and phone. You know how to
deliver a dynamic presentation.
- You want to help build an organization, taking VOW from an
early-stage startup to a global philanthropic initiative. You
thrive in fast-paced, ambitious environments. You work hard and you
have fun while you do it.
- You're digitally savvy - you see the power of digital tools to
build relationships and raise funds and proactively look for ways
to expand your knowledge.
- You have a passion for gender equality and girls' rights
coupled with the spirit and drive of a social entrepreneur.
- You have exceptional judgment and emotional intelligence.
You're a careful listener and can read the room. You demonstrate
personal integrity and dedication.
- When travel resumes, you are prepared to travel on
- You hold a Bachelor's Degree in a relevant field.
BENEFITSVOW offers a generous benefits package, including:
- Generous paid time off: 15 vacation days and 14 paid holidays,
as well as personal and sick leave
- Medical, dental, and vision benefits for the staff member and
- VOW employees can contribute to a 401k plan
- 12 weeks paid parental leave (available after 6 months of
- Home office setup stipend
HOW TO APPLYTo apply, submit your resume and cover letter,
including a short summary of why you want to work for VOW. In
addition, describe a sale or partnership that you led from start to
finish that you would describe as "transformative," "impactful," or
otherwise particularly challenging to communicate effectively that
includes an explanation of why you feel that your example fits this
criterion. Please include your salary requirements in the cover
letter. Send your application by April 20, 2021 to with the subject
line "Head of VOW Partnerships & Business Development."
VOW For Girls is based in New York City and we plan to be working
remotely through 2021 due to COVID-19. We are open to candidates
who are not located in New York City but are located near a major
airport and willing to travel on occasion only once it is safe to
VOW is committed to racial equity and social justice and is proud
to be an equal opportunity employer. We actively seek applicants
from diverse backgrounds, experiences, and identities, to provide a
wide range of perspectives, ideas, views, and insights into the
strategy, policies, culture, and ambitions of VOW for Girls. All
qualified applicants are encouraged to apply.
Due to the high volume of applications received, only those
selected for an interview will be contacted.
Keywords: VOW to End Child Marriage, New York , HEAD OF PARTNERSHIPS AND BUSINESS DEVELOPMENT, Other , New York, New York
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!