AVP, Corporate Development
Company: JDRF International
Location: New York
Posted on: April 11, 2021
JDRF is the leading global organization focused on type 1
diabetes (T1D) research. JDRF's goal is to progressively remove the
impact of T1D from people's lives until we achieve a world without
T1D. JDRF collaborates with a wide spectrum of partners and is the
only organization with the scientific resources, policy influence
and a working plan to bring life-changing therapies from the lab to
the community. As the largest charitable supporter of T1D research,
JDRF has invested nearly $2B in research over the past 45 years and
is sponsoring scientific research in 17 countries worldwide. For
more information, please visit http://www.jdrf.org. As a JDRF team
member, you can look forward to interesting and challenging work,
building strong relationships with fellow staff and our network of
volunteers, and having a meaningful impact on the lives of everyone
affected by this devastating disease. Job Description Summary The
AVP of Corporate Development is a senior leadership position within
the JDRF National Development organization that possesses the
skills and experience to develop our most innovative and strategic
client engagements while also serving as a thought leader within
our organization and in our industry. Reporting directly to the VP
of Leadership Giving and working closely with our Research,
Mission, Marcom, Community Engagement, Fundraising Programs and
Field teams, this individual will have overall responsibility for
building our strategic positions and innovative programs that we
take to market, leading and supporting strategic, high value sales
opportunities and initiating new and innovative client pursuits
across the entire JDRF development organization, and delivering on
client philanthropy and business strategies that align with JDRF
mission priorities. The AVP of Corporate Development is a
player/coach role that will have both direct reports and group
revenue responsibility. Responsibilities
- Partner cross-functionally with Research, Advocacy, Community
Engagement, Marketing, Development, Fundraising Programs and Field
Operations to help develop high-impact programs that drive revenue,
strengthen JDRF's relationship with the broader T1D community and
elevate the JDRF brand and mission.
- Serve as the National Corporate Development lead in continuing
to advance organizational engagement methodologies for Shared
Value, Unique Value Proposition framing, and optimized sales
process enablement for JDRF fundraising.
- Run and lead the JDRF Industry Advisory Panel and Corporate
Partner Summit Programs.
- Assist in the development of dissemination strategies for new
engagements across the JDRF organization.
- Work alongside the VP of Leadership Giving to manage corporate
pipelines and sales pursuits organization wide for strategic
- Develop strategic insights for clients employing customer and
competitive research, benchmarking studies, and general market
- Creative and business ideation employing Design Thinking and
related design and innovation methods in vetting and bringing new
Corporate Development assets to market that address both market
needs and JDRF mission needs. Must work in partnership with JDRF
groups from Mission, Advocacy and Community Engagement.
- Define a future state vision and value proposition(s) for
possible partner engagements and partner/donor experiences for
- Develop various summary strategies surrounding healthcare
transformation, new market opportunities, strategic alliances, and
cross vertical engagement that can be leveraged across all of JDRF
corporate development work.
- Support multiple large, strategic engagements as the overall
engagement manager working with appropriate departments and project
managers to ensure successful delivery.
- Cultivate highly functioning teams comprised of JDRF and client
- Build and execute optimized working structure/relationships
among national and chapter staff for corporate development growth
- Ensure deliverables are of the highest quality, impact and
outcomes based to promote partner centricity and satisfaction for
corporate development holistically.
- Serve as a resource in coordinating National Corporate
Development support for Chapter development staff in solution
ideation, solution development, partner positioning and deal
- Mentor and provide solutions delivery expertise to less
experienced team members, both national and chapter development
- Intake and qualification of new strategic business
opportunities and assign to national and chapter staff as
- Proposal and pitch development, creation, and presentation to
partners and prospects
- Author statements of work and detailed client delivery
- Develop strong client relationships across the T1D, healthcare
and consumer ecosystems.
- Team with national and chapter staff to drive ongoing client
- Participate on client engagement steering committees as
necessary to set client expectations and issue and resolution
- Key participant in the business development process with
corporate development team.
- Lead the risk assessment efforts during the proposal process
and recommend appropriate risk mitigation strategies.
- Own the development of sales collateral including client
presentations, case studies, value proposition development and key
- Develop thought leadership and content marketing for blogs,
guides, webinars, and conferences Qualifications
- 10+ years of sales/development experience, with at least 5
years in a client-facing professional services role
- Bachelor's degree or equivalent experience
- Proven track record of supervising, coaching, developing,
leading, inspiring and motivating staff. Strong desire to build
high-performing team and benchmark strategic communications
- Experience serving as the senior delivery resource for
consulting engagements; cultivating highly functioning teams
comprised of staff and client resources. Ability to effectively
manage engagements while recognizing and leveraging the expertise
of the different resources and the importance of their
- Comprehensive technical understanding of the diabetes and Type
1 healthcare environment.
- Proven track record working with and selling to the
stakeholders, executives, and decision makers of Fortune 1000
companies. Experience building business cases and communicating
client-specific value propositions, establishing yourself as a
- Experience coordinating Sales team members to develop sales
scripts, discovery process, best practices, sharing
expertise/training and guiding solution development
- Highly efficient in time management and meeting deadlines under
pressure without sacrificing quality. Experience leading and
delivering complex enterprise solutions and teams within highly
- Strong project management skills with the ability to multi-task
and inspire people at all levels of the organization; easy to work
with and knows how to gain the confidence of others.
- Sound professional judgement and interpersonal skills as well
as strong organizational abilities and attention to detail.
- Superior active listening, observation, analytical and
- Excellent business instincts.
- Ability to work and make judgments independently and take
- Strong capability to leverage relationships and negotiate
agreements. Inspiring team player who can interface with all levels
of staff and volunteers to develop, maintain and utilize
relationships. Proven track record working with Executive Teams,
including CEO, to support strategic business priorities.
- Entrepreneurial spirit who thrives in a fast-paced
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills. Strong
presentation delivery, ability to convey ideas, and provide
- Proficient in Salesforce and MS Suite.
- Ability to travel is required (previously about 30% of the
time).-- Additional Information JDRF supports a diverse and
JDRF is an Equal Opportunity Employer.--All your information will
be kept confidential according to EEO guidelines.
Keywords: JDRF International, New York , AVP, Corporate Development, Other , New York, New York
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!