Global Head of Video Operations
Company: Conde Nast
Location: New York
Posted on: April 10, 2021
Cond-- Nast is home to Wired, Vogue, GQ, The New Yorker, Vanity
Fair and more of the world's most celebrated brands. Cond-- Nast
Entertainment (CNE) develops, produces and distributes video
content across all of these brands. Our team creates high quality
video programming experiences for viewers across every screen, and
is led by industry veterans who have built video businesses with
billions of monthly views. Since its inception in 2011, CNE has
grown rapidly and has an extensive digital distribution network,
with more than 37 million subscribers on Youtube and ranks in the
top 20 in unique viewers in comScore's Top 100 Properties.Job
DescriptionOverview/Purpose: Reporting to the Chief Content
Officer, the Global Head of Video Operations will be a highly
visible role, responsible for building and fostering a global team
and scaling end-to-end processes to support, schedule, and optimize
the distribution of multi-platform digital video. This role will
partner closely with leaders at Cond-- Nast Entertainment
(Programming & Development, Production, Content Planning &
Analysis, Business Affairs) and cross-functionally (Editorial,
Talent, Product & Technology). The candidate must have extensive
experience in multi-platform video distribution and monetization
strategy for both domestic and international platforms such as
YouTube, OTT Apps, CTV Aggregators, Linear, Social and Owned &
Operated Sites.-- Primary Responsibilities:
- Lead transformation efforts for the globalization of the video
- Develop efficiencies for processes that will enable the team to
function 24/7 in 12 major markets.
- Define global, company-wide best practices and workflows for
scheduling & publishing premium video content (including branded
- Lead global team of multi-platform optimization experts tasked
with scheduling & publishing videos.
- Work closely with CNE Business Affairs to onboard and support
new distribution relationships and collaborate with partners.
- Partner with CNE Content Planning & Analysis to test new
platform optimization tactics to increase viewership and
- Manage internal publishing tools including the video content
management and content planning and tracking systems.
- Recruit, hire, mentor and train new team members in the US and
- Foster a collaborative, globally-inclusive culture supporting
the Programming & Development and Production teams of CNE. Desired
Skills and Qualifications:
- 12+ years of working experience in a digital video organization
or a comparable media company.
- 5+ years of experience managing teams, preferably
- Experience in content localization methodologies.
- Strong quantitative skills used for monitoring and improving
both systems and processes.
- Demonstrated ability to work effectively with cross-functional
teams to drive towards a single goal.
- Ability to tackle problems in a dynamic and deadline-driven
- Entrepreneurial nature with a strong ability to manage through
- Ability to allocate resources according to programming and
- Deep understanding of YouTube Channel Management.
- Prior in-depth experience using Airtable a plus.
- Proven ability to use data in order to evaluate team and tactic
- Passionate, curious and willing to collaborate, test and learn.
What happens next? If you are interested in this opportunity,
please apply below, and we will review your application as soon as
possible. You can update your resume or upload a cover letter at
any time by accessing your candidate profile. Cond-- Nast is an
equal opportunity employer. We evaluate qualified applicants
without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation,
gender identity, national origin, disability, veteran status, age,
familial status and other legally protected characteristics. Full
time R-05059 About Us Cond-- Nast is a global media company
producing the highest quality content with a footprint of more than
1 billion consumers in 32 territories through print, digital, video
and social platforms.
The company's portfolio includes many of the world's most respected
and influential media properties including Vogue, Vanity Fair,
Glamour, Self, GQ, The New Yorker, Cond-- Nast Traveler/Traveller,
Allure, AD, Bon App--tit and Wired, among others. Cond-- Nast
Entertainment was launched in 2011 to develop film, television and
premium digital video programming. At Cond-- Nast we value
diversity of background, views and cultures. We celebrate people
for their personal qualities, their skills and contributions. And
we recognize the power our brands have to influence and shape
culture, catalyze action and help make our world a better place for
For more information, please visit condenast.com and follow
@CondeNast and @CondeNastCareer for Twitter and @condenastcareers
Keywords: Conde Nast, New York , Global Head of Video Operations, Other , New York, New York
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!