Company: The Brookdale University Hospital and Medical Cent
Posted on: May 6, 2021
Overview The role of the Credit Interviewer is to obtain
insurance information and perform verification of all demographic
information for each account. Interview patients as necessary to
verify insurance and demographic information, and collects
signatures on Medicare Secondary Payer, Blue Cross, No-Fault, and
all other forms as appropriate, prior to releasing account to the
Business Office and Admitting. Responsibilities
- Responsible for verification of third party insurance coverage
for all patients who present for treatment in the Emergency
Department. (i.e. No Fault, Blue Cross, Compensation, Commercial
Insurance, Managed Care, Medicare, Medicaid, Etc.)
- Obtain Pre-certification of patients admitted through the
Emergency Department to an Inpatient unit as required in a timely
- Review and corrects, as needed, patient demographics insurance
- Interview patients with no coverage and issues the instructions
needed to assist them in preparing the documents for completing a
- Follow-up with responsible parties (ie. Case Management,
Insurance Carriers, Patients) to ensure all billing data is
obtained and entered into the system.
- Performs other duties as assigned. Qualifications Education:
- High School Diploma or equivalent, 30 college credits
- Minimum one (1) year experience in a similar position within a
hospital or related field is preferred. Knowledge and Skills:
- Knowledge of EMEVS, OMNIPRO, and other electronic verification
systems to verify eligibility status for patients with Medicare,
Blue Cross, Medicaid, and other third party insurance.
- Knowledge of, and experience with, automated system required.
Licenses, Certifications :
- New York State Certified Application Specialist certification,
required. Physical Requirements :
- Position requires prolonged periods of standing, reaching,
walking throughout the working day.
- Position will be required to stoops, bends, lifts, carry items
weighing up to 25 pounds.
- Must have full use of hands and arms to operate computer,
typewriter, adding machine and for filing of accounts.
- May be required to climb ladder/stool of heights of 3 feet or
more. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals
with disabilities to perform the essential functions. The
statements herein are intended to describe the general nature and
level of work being performed by employees, and are not to be
construed as an exhaustive list of responsibilities, duties, and
skills required of personnel so classified. Furthermore, they do
not establish a contract for employment and are subject to change
at the discretion of The Brookdale Hospital Medical Center. BHMC is
an equal opportunity employer, it is our policy to provide equal
opportunity to all employees and applicants for employment without
regard to race, color, religion, national origin, marital status,
military status, age, gender, sexual orientation, disability or
handicap or other characteristics protected by applicable federal,
state, or local laws.
Keywords: The Brookdale University Hospital and Medical Cent, New York , Credit Interviewer, Other , Brooklyn, New York
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!