Location: New York
Posted on: June 12, 2021
Established by chef and founder David Chang in 2004 with the
opening of Momofuku Noodle Bar, Momofuku has grown to include
restaurants in New York City, Washington D.C., Sydney, Toronto, Las
Vegas, and Los Angeles; a casual chicken spot (Fuku); and a bakery
(Milk Bar), established by award-winning pastry chef Christina
Tosi. The restaurants have gained world-wide recognition for their
innovative take on cuisine, while supporting local, sustainable and
responsible farmers and food purveyors.
About Momofuku Noodle Bar - Columbus Circle
Founded by Chef David Chang, Momofuku Noodle Bar first opened in
New York City's East Village in 2004. Noodle Bar serves noodles,
buns, and a rotating selection of dishes that change with the
seasons.For the second location in New York City, Executive Chef
Tony Kim is developing a new menu to translate the DNA of the
original Noodle Bar to the Time Warner Center Restaurant and Bar
collection.Noodle Bar will be located on the third floor of the
Time Warner Center and is anticipated to open in mid-2018. It will
feature a full bar, and serve both lunch and dinner.
Momofuku Backwaiter assist the service team in providing guests
with the Momofuku experience. They are expected to give service
that is knowledgeable, approachable, energetic, and thoughtful
while upholding company standards and values in a busy, fast paced
- Provide knowledgeable, friendly and attentive, efficient,
friendly, energetic, and thoughtful service at all times.
- Support service team with ongoing table and floor maintenance,
including, but not limited to: water service, clearing and cleaning
tables and resetting tables with proper tableware.
- Respond appropriately to any guest requests or issues by
communicating effectively with the proper server or
- Assist in the cleaning and polishing of all tableware.
- Receive instruction from multiple sources and prioritize tasks
- Support team members in the completion of their duties to
ensure satisfaction of all guests before, during, and after
- Have ability to recite basic menu knowledge and run food to
tables if needed.
- Stocking, organizing and preparing service related items.
- Be knowledgeable of the restaurant and its history.
- Communicate respectfully with coworkers at all levels.
- Adhere to grooming and dress code standards.
Skills & Requirements
- Minimum 1 year of restaurant experience in a high volume
- Excellent communication, interpersonal skills, and a
- Must possess exceptional work ethic, strong attention to
detail, and strong organizational skills.
- Receptive to constructive criticism and performance
- Ability to demonstrate quick thinking and adaptability in a
constantly changing environment.
- The physical demands for this position are seeing, hearing,
speaking, reaching, lifting up to 50 pounds, sitting, standing, for
5 to 10 hours, bending, and moving intermittently during working
hours. These physical requirements may be accomplished with or
without reasonable accommodations.
The duties of this position may change from time to time.
Momofuku reserves the right to add or delete duties and
responsibilities at the discretion of Momofuku or its managers.
This job description is intended to describe the general level of
work being performed. It is not intended to be all-inclusive.
What's in it for you?
We offer competitive pay and a comprehensive benefits package,
including vision/dental/medical, and gym and commuter discounts,
plus more after required wait periods. We encourage our employees
to grow and learn, and offer many opportunities for personal and
Momofuku is proud to be an Equal Opportunity Employer. We do not
discriminate on the basis of race, color, creed, religion, gender
(including gender identity or expression), pregnancy, childbirth or
related medical conditions, sexual orientation, marital status,
domestic violence, sexual violence or stalking victim status,
ancestry, national origin, alienage or citizenship, age,
disability, military or veteran status, genetic information or
predisposing genetic characteristic, or other protected status.
Keywords: Momofuku, New York , Backwaiter, Other , New York, New York
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!