Associate, Securities Lending Trader
Location: New York
Posted on: June 12, 2021
To effectively lend client securities in the Americas to
optimise revenues globally, ensuring that a high level of customer
service is maintained within the agreed client mandate and risk
Environment of the Job
- HSBC Agency Lending sits within HSBC Securities Services (HSS)
as per of the wider Markets and Securities Services business.
- HSS provides a range of securities services to a client base
which includes sovereign wealth funds, major insurance companies,
asset managers, investment banks, government agencies, investment
trusts, collective investment schemes, corporates and pension
- The business is globally located with major centres in
locations including London, Hong Kong, New York and Dubai. Total
staff numbers exceed 3,000.
- The service range includes global custody, UK sub custody,
trustee and depository services, investment administration,
performance consultancy, securities lending, treasury and FX and
corporate trust and loan agency.
- Assets under custody/administration total c$5trn.
- The business is regulated by the FSA.
Guidance and Authority
- The jobholder is subject to compliance with FCA and Fed rules,
general Bank guidelines and normal budgetary disciplines.
- The jobholder makes decisions on individual loans for
non-discretionary contracts (within the terms of that contract) and
discretionary contracts where full authority is held by the
individual to trade at competitive and profitable rates.
- The jobholder must comply with all US regulatory and licensing
- Ensure that HSS develops and consistently maintains a premier
quality reputation, internally and externally, for the Securities
Lending aspects of its business. Support internal functions in the
delivery of business priorities.
- External stakeholder management - Clients, Counterparts and 3rd
- Internal stakeholder management - Client Management, Product
Management, Treasury Operations and Business Development.
- Build trust across regions and locations.
- Influencing and negotiating to gain a win-win outcome.
- Use input from client and market contacts to contribute to the
development of new and enhanced HSS lending products.
- Improve client retention and satisfaction though effective
delivery and enhanced revenue from the lending products.
Risk and Conduct
- High standards of ethics and market conduct.
- Trade within the HSBC Governance framework including but not
- HSS Trading Limits
- HSS Credit Risk Exposures
- Best execution and fair distribution
- Risk awareness and judgement of ad-hoc events which could
threaten day to day business and clients.
- Escalation protocols and procedures in accordance with
- Awareness and application of tax, legal and regulatory
Employment eligibility to work with HSBC in the U.S. is required
as the company will not pursue visa sponsorship for these
- 3 Years trading experience in agency securities lending.
- Effective management of a book of risk and allocation of global
inventory across both equity and fixed income securities.
- Prior regular experience with and understanding of cash
collateral settlement, pricing and reinvestment mechanisms is
- Meet business performance targets including counterparty/market
o Revenue opportunity identification
o Implementation of trading strategies and ideas including
inventory and collateral management
o Monitor progress against annual revenue plans
- Build and maintain trusted counterparty relationships through
- Provide input into Portfolio Evaluations and Market
- Demonstrate an understanding of:
o Securities lending pricing methodologies - drivers of demand
and pricing, for both cash and non-cash collateral products
o Client profiles and their investment strategies, in order to
optimise risk vs return performance
o Counterparty profiles and their activities (prime brokers,
broker-dealers, repo/funding desks)
o Wider Custody Functions (Income, Settlements, Corporate
o Securities Lending systems - Trading Apps, Global 1, Global
Custody Systems (GCS/GHSS), Bloomberg (prior knowledge helpful but
- Proficiency in excel is expected. Helpful to have knowledge of
coding in VBA and/or other programming/statistical languages.
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for
employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual
orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, or
status as a protected veteran.
Keywords: HSBC, New York , Associate, Securities Lending Trader, Other , New York, New York
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!