Location: New York
Posted on: June 12, 2021
Assists professional nursing personnel by performing routine
functions of nursing care to residents and specific Restorative
Nursing care designed to gain or to maintain their highest possible
practical functional level. Gives prompt and efficient assistance
to nursing personnel in performance of duties and care of residents
under the supervisions of R.N., L.P.N., or Nursing Supervisor,
following established policies and procedures.
- Assists in ambulation and transfers from and to bed, chair,
toilet, and stretcher.
- Transport residents via wheelchair, stretcher or ambulation to
other parts of the home when necessary.
- Receive specific instructions from the nursing rehabilitation
coordinator or the Unit Manager regarding techniques of subsequent
- Participate in care plan meetings as necessary.
- Assists residents to carry out rehabilitation treatments. Which
may include ambulation/ FAP, range
of motion exercise, eating, shower/ bathing, meaningful ADL
- Report progress made and maintain records, as required.
- Confer with the Rehabilitation Supervisor every thirty days to
review all residents on program.
- Assists or feeds resident as indicated.
- Offers and removes bedpans and/or urinals.
- Keeps incontinent resident clean and dry.
- Gives bed baths, tub baths and provides skin care. Trims nails
and assists with care of hair and oral hygiene. A.M. and P.M. care
washes ad grooms residents.
- Assists residents to dress and undress.
- May prepare residents to receive Holy Communion.
- Sorts, folds and distributes personal clothing of the
- Serves water and nourishment.
- Serves and collects trays.
- Answers lights or bells. Answers inquiries by residents or
- Takes part in bowel and bladder rehabilitation program of the
- Collects specimens and measures intake and output and keeps
records of same.
- Takes temperature, impulse and respiration. May give simple
enemas, and may prepare ice packs or other resident care equipment
when directed to do so by the Nurse in charge.
Education & Experience
Formal Education: High School Diploma or equivalent
Experience: 3 years in sub-acute units and restorative nursing
License, Registration, and / or Certification Requirement:
Minimum Knowledge: Requires thorough knowledge of a specialized
or technical field.
Keywords: Archcare, New York , Rehabilitation CNA, Other , New York, New York
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!