Company: McGuireWoods LLP
Location: New York
Posted on: June 12, 2021
McGuireWoods has a need for a Communications Writer to join the
Marketing and Business Development team. The Communications Writer
crafts and edits differentiating, high-quality marketing content
and firm communications for varied external and internal audiences.
The writer will deliver targeted, business-oriented information to
position the firm, departments and lawyers as leaders in specific
industries and practices and to educate and inform the firm's
lawyers and other professionals, always with the firm's goals and
strategic priorities in mind.
This position can be located in any of the following locations:
New York City, Charlotte, Dallas or Chicago.
McGuireWoods LLP is a major U.S. law firm with offices in the
United States and Europe. Tracing the firm's roots back to 1834,
McGuireWoods has a long history of growth through mergers with
predecessor firms in existing markets, as well as client-centered
expansion into new markets. Working with clients to develop these
strategies, the firm has kept pace with its clients changing needs
-- and helping them meet their goals. This has been the firm's
philosophy for more than 175 years, and it continues to direct
endeavors as the firm looks toward the future. For more
information, please visit www.mcguirewoods.com.
California residents have special rights with respect to
personal information. If you are a California resident applying for
a position at McGuireWoods, our statement describes your rights and
personal information the firm collects.
- Edits and/or drafts communications tailored for the intended
audience. Content may include:
- E-communications such as legal alerts, e-vites and
- Practice and matter descriptions
- Website copy
- Newsletter and brochure copy
- Nominations and surveys
- Articles for various firm newsletters
- Firm intranet articles
- Reviews and edits communications to ensure that they are clear,
thorough, and build brand awareness.
- Reviews marketing materials according to editorial guidelines
and policies, including review of the following: language,
spelling, grammar, content flow, redundancies, inconsistencies,
ethics, AP style, fact-checking (when appropriate), client
approvals and consistency of firm "voice" and messaging.
- Bachelor's degree in Communications, Journalism or related
- At least five years' experience editing and writing in
marketing, journalism or other professional services capacity (law
firm experience a plus).
- Excellent writing, proofreading and editing skills.
- Ability to build relationships with a wide range of
- Ability to work independently and as part of a team.
- Strong attention to detail.
- Excellent time management and multi-tasking skills on tight
Have more questions? Connect with a recruiter directly.
Keywords: McGuireWoods LLP, New York , Communications Writer, Other , New York, New York
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!