VP of Operations (Priority Deadline: 4/19/2021)
Company: Democracy Prep Public Schools
Location: New York
Posted on: June 12, 2021
About the Opportunity
Democracy Prep Public Schools seeks a Vice President of
Operations who will be responsible for supporting the Chief
Operating Officer in ensuring strong school-charter management
organization (CMO) relations and systems. In addition, the VP of
Operations will be a key player in ensuring that our strategic plan
is implemented in a way that is inclusive, transparent and
successful in achieving our established targets.
This role can be based out of any of our school regions.
Priority will be given to applications submitted by April 19,
Responsibilities include, but are not limited to:
- With the COO, support school-CMO relations and operational
systems so that the network is using seamless and transparent
systems, protocols, calendars.
- At the direction of the COO, support and manage the Directors
of Operations on their planning and people management.
- In collaboration with the Chief of Staff and the Chief
Executive Officer, collaborate with senior CMO leaders to ensure
timely and successful implementation of the strategic plan
- In collaboration with senior leaders, ensure timely and
strategic communication with school leaders, teachers and other
stakeholders to ensure that there are appropriate supports and
opportunities for investment and co-creation.
- Collaborate with the Finance and Operations teams to ensure
that there are strong, sustainable systems, such as procurement, to
ensure that school operations are effective and efficient, and
schools are financially solvent.
- With the COO, make recommendations for organizational structure
to foster a healthy, unified culture among central office staff and
school sites, ensuring all team members feel valued, supported and
- With the COO, incorporate a strong customer service orientation
into all aspects of CMO and school operations
- With the COS, work to cascade communication about strategic
priorities to Executive Directors, principals,and other
school-based staff; collaborate with the CEO on providing updates
to Board members about multi-year strategic priorities
- Bachelor's degree with equivalent work experience required; MBA
or Master's degree in a related field strongly preferred
- 5+ years of school or operational leadership experience,
ideally with success overseeing many of the following functional
areas: student recruitment and enrollment, school operations,
meals, transportation, procurement, student information systems,
compliance and reporting, real estate and facilities, safety, and
- A track record of leading teams in diverse teams, and managing
- Strong systems and process orientation, with experience
designing complex and scalable systems/processes from scratch and
improving upon existing ones
- Ability to define strategic issues clearly despite ambiguity,
provide sound recommendations, and take all critical information
into account when making timely, tough decisions
- Record of achieving strong results, ability to establish
meaningful metrics to support data driven decisions, and ability to
bring people along in the process.
- Passion for the mission of Democracy Prep and public
- Commitment to the values of integrity, collaboration, humility,
candor, and collegiality
- Operations experience or leadership within a school-based
setting or high-functioning social sector organization strongly
Democracy Prep staff members are provided with a competitive
salary, comprehensive benefits, and a working environment that
includes the necessary technology and resources to succeed.
Democracy Prep is an Equal Opportunity Employer and will not
discriminate against an applicant or employee on the basis of race,
color, religion, creed, national origin, or ancestry, sex, age,
physical or mental disability, pregnancy, veteran or military
status, genetic information, sexual orientation, gender identity or
expression, marital status, familial status, domestic violence
victim status, or any other legally recognized protected basis
under federal, state or local laws, regulations or ordinances. Our
mission is to educate responsible citizen-scholars who will change
the world. We strongly believe that by building a DREAM team that
represents numerous perspectives, backgrounds, and expertises, we
can achieve this goal together. This is a value we highly support
and strongly encourage candidates of all backgrounds to apply.
Keywords: Democracy Prep Public Schools, New York , VP of Operations (Priority Deadline: 4/19/2021), Other , New York, New York
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!