Merchandising Operations Specialist
Company: 1-800-FLOWERS.COM, Inc.
Location: Carle Place
Posted on: June 12, 2021
Merchandising OperationsAssociate will support all of
Merchandising by acting as a facilitator for the Product
Development cycle. This person will help manage, coordinate,
organize, and disseminate information and materials to all
constituents as needed throughout the process. She/he will support
Merchandising by managing gift data and driving product to
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILIITIES
Major responsibilities of the position are listed below. To
perform the job successfully, the individual must be able to
execute each essential duty satisfactorily. Reasonable
accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities
to perform the essential functions. Other duties, assignments and
specific projects may be assigned at the discretion of executive
- Assist in keeping seasonal development timelines visible and on
o Assist in the progress of gift development.
- Establish preliminary gift costs/targets prior to submitting to
Product Information Management Team (PIM).
o Facilitate the transition of Product Development sheets (PD
Sheets) to PIM for processing. Validate accurate information...
o Create Preliminary Bill of Materials (PBOM) for initial gift
review and PIM product team processing.
- Manage data integrity for LLT memo development.
o Communicate Long Lead Time items to Supply Chain partners
prior to full demand being loaded in SAP.
- Assist Finance and Purchasing in managing Excess & Obsolete
components during the development cycle.
o Manage/coordinate component reviews prior to seasonal
- Partner with Supply Chain, Manufacturing, Packaging, Merchants,
& Developers to drive cost savings.
o Review/Validate product Minimum Order Quantity &
o Review margin/cost variances with Merchants.
o Create cost estimates and comparisons to assist in validating
items for system development and help document impact of future
cost increase for Merchant evaluation.
- Manage sub requests through Merchant Substitution Communication
o Work with appropriate partners to validate impact or
adjustment of production requirements driving substitution
- Support Gift tracking meetings with updated gift status and
detailed knowledge of components.
- Facilitate BOM request notifications and approvals to Merchants
- 2 years Associates, Business Administration or equivalent
- Strong Microsoft Office Suite application knowledge.
- End user experience with Sharepoint.
- Strong quantitative, analytical, and reporting skills.
- Ability to adapt to changing directives and priorities.
- Proficiency in creating charts, pivot tables, and creating
visual representations of data.
- Ability to work independently while managing multiple
- Eagerness to dive into the data to solve the questions that
drive the business forward.
- Highly analytical mindset with the ability to look at vast
amounts of data and recalling specific sets of data.
- Familiarity with Merchandising, Manufacturing, and Supply Chain
best practices highly preferred.
Keywords: 1-800-FLOWERS.COM, Inc., New York , Merchandising Operations Specialist, Other , Carle Place, New York
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!