Registered Nurse (RN) -MICU
Company: Northwell Health
Location: New York
Posted on: June 12, 2021
Delivers and ensures patient care by assessing and diagnosing
patient's condition, developing plan of care and evaluating
patient's response to care. Participates in patient education and
discharge planning. Collaborates with, coordinates and guides
designated care team members in planning patient care and achieving
- Develops and evaluates plan of care.
- Systematically and continuously assesses patient's knowledge
base and physical, psychosocial and spiritual health through
interviews, physical examinations and data collection
- Consults with multidisciplinary health care team in regard to
nursing assessment findings.
- Creates written, individualized plan of care based on priority
of patient problems, anticipated length of stay, input from patient
and family and other members of the health care team.
- Communicates pertinent information and changes in patient
status to appropriate members of care team and other health care
providers, as necessary.
Collaborates with team members to make changes in plan of care,
- Provides and/or delegates patient care according to the plan of
care and established protocols.
- Utilizes clinical resources in implementing patient care and
provides rationale for patient care decisions.
- Conducts clinical rounds, provides emergency care and
administers medications to patient.
- Operates equipment required for patient care according to
- Performs and assists with procedures and treatments on unit
including but not limited to changing dressings, feeding patients
and providing pre/post operative care.
- Practices and monitors infection control standards.
Promotes and provides patient safety in accordance with state
and federal guidelines.
- Documents patient care, as required on all appropriate
- Enters date and time of entry and signs name in legible manner
on patient's chart.
- Completes Nursing Admission Assessment 24 hours after
- Documents patient's response to interventions and plan of care
on the Progress Notes
- Performs vital signs and pain score at least every four
- Completes Transfer Assessments on patients transferred out of
the unit and Perioperative Assessments on patients scheduled for
surgery or procedures.
- Completes Frequent Observations and the Intake/Outtake Record
according to established protocols.
Initiates and completes health care referrals in collaboration
with the interdisciplinary team.
- Provides patient education.
- Identifies patients learning needs upon admission.Informs and
educates patient and family to enable participation in their care
and decision making.
Develops and implements a teaching plan of care.Conducts patient
teaching conferences.Documents patient teaching.
- Participates in Quality Improvement process.
- Participates in developing and implementing of unit goals and
- Attends in-service programs on new products and equipment used
- Completes occurrence reports according to policy and unit-based
audits, as assigned.
Participates in identifying problems requiring investigation and
in developing and implementing corrective action plans for the
- Participates in unit staff meetings and unit based clinical
conferences, as scheduled.Represents the clinical unit on
committees, as assigned.Submits annual record of continuing
educations and self-assessment of clinical performance.
- Performs the responsibilities of charge nurse and preceptor
according to established protocols, as assigned.
- Performs related duties, as required.
- ADA Essential Functions
- Graduate from an accredited School of Nursing. Bachelor's
Degree in Nursing, preferred. Must be enrolled in an accredited
program within 24 months of employment, if hired after September 1,
2010 and obtain a BSN degree within five (5) years of employment
- Current license to practice as a Registered Professional Nurse
in New York State.
- BCLS, ACLS or PALS, required.
Keywords: Northwell Health, New York , Registered Nurse (RN) -MICU, Other , New York, New York
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!