Trade Finance Supervisor
Company: Brown Brothers Harriman
Location: New York
Posted on: June 12, 2021
Trade Finance Supervisor
At Brown Brothers Harriman, we believe no job is too big or
small for any of us to handle if it helps our clients. We value
passionate, committed people who enjoy collaborating with others to
find new solutions to complex business challenges. We are looking
for the type of person who speaks their mind, truly listens and
steps outside their role to add value wherever they can. Someone
who is driven to get things done and views obstacles as an exciting
challenge that demands a creative solution. Above all, we seek
someone who takes great pride in their work and is inspired and
motivated by their role in protecting and enhancing our client's
If you are looking for an entrepreneurial environment where you
can learn and thrive, Brown Brothers Harriman is the right place
Join us as a Trade Finance Supervisor
Brown Brothers Harriman is currently recruiting a Trade Finance
Supervisor to join our Banking Services Team. This is a mid-senior
level position with some direct responsibility for supervision of
people/process. Responsibilities also include the processing of
Commercial Letters of Credit, Standby Letters of Credit and Bank
Guarantees under approved Credit facilities as well as Documentary
Collections in support of the firm's business lines. As a senior
level subject matter specialist s/he deals with more complex issues
as they relate to his/her area of focus. Tasks include; answering
client inquiries, assisting clients with technical issues,
reviewing and approving transactions processed in accordance with
ICC Rules and with BBHs Credit and Compliance Policies in mind,
authenticating client instructions, data processing, reporting, and
reconciliation, and communicating with other departments,
operations groups, account managers and clients. This position will
also contribute to projects.
Some of your key responsibilities include:
- Resolve problems and execute transactions.
- Interact with other BBH departments on resolution of
- Follow up on open inquiries.
- Communicate professionally and constructively to effectively
resolve issues in order to minimize risk and exposure.
- Intraday and end of day reconciliation of daily work.
- Assisting management with high level projects
- Provide superior client service.
- Ensure timely response to internal and external requests.
- Build and maintain relationships at all levels both within and
outside the organization.
- Communicate as part of a team.
- Ensure all deadlines and requirements are being met.
- Challenge all processes, procedures and practices.
- Help to enhance the productivity of the unit.
- Identify and document errors in an effort to reduce
- Gain efficiencies to improve individual productivity.
- Leverage understanding of the big picture/how specific function
impacts the firm.
- Contribute to Division or Firm process improvement
- May assist in the development and production of monthly
Knowledge/Proficiency in the Following;
- International Trade Services
- Commodities (Coffee/Metals/Energy)
- ICC Rules
- Commercial Letters of Credit
- Documentary Letters of Credit
- Standby Letters of Credit
- Document Examination
- SWIFT MT7xx
- Knowledge of one or more product areas within Operations and
- Research, analysis and problem resolution skills.
- Ability to communicate professionally with all levels through
effective verbal and written skills.
- Organizational skills and detail oriented.
- Ability to multi-task.
- Ability to work in a team environment.
- Ability to meet deadlines and work under pressure.
- Proactive self starter who is detail and goal oriented.
What We Offer:
- A collaborative environment that enables you to step outside
your role to add value wherever you can
- Direct access to clients, information and experts across all
business areas around the world
- Opportunities to grow your expertise, take on new challenges,
and reinvent yourself-without leaving the firm
- A culture of inclusion that values each employee's unique
- High-quality benefits program emphasizing good health,
financial security, and peace of mind
- Rewarding work with the flexibility to enjoy personal and
family experiences at every career stage
- Volunteer opportunities to give back to your community and help
transform the lives of others
We are an equal opportunity employer and all qualified
applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard
to race, color, religion, gender, national origin, age, genetic
information, creed, marital status, sexual orientation, gender
identity, disability status, protected veteran status, or any other
protected status under federal, state or local law.
Keywords: Brown Brothers Harriman, New York , Trade Finance Supervisor, Other , New York, New York
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!